about the 'handmade registered' forum

General Questions.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

about the 'handmade registered' forum

Post by bluesign2k »

[this topic was split from topic "anything going on with these?"]
a-maze-ing wrote:...Should there be a "handmade registered" area where we can discuss the maze while being stuck here and there ?
Or are we fine with discussing it in public as it is unlikely that we spoil anything for future buyers. But then again, in the public area we cannot mention parts of other mazes to compare it with...

Any thoughts?
There is a Handmade Registered group. Have you sent your certificate code to Chris yet?

Sounds like you've got a whole lot further that I have so far!
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
pcad

Re: Anything going on with these?

Post by pcad »

My opinion about having a registered forum is that it's not needed. If Chris respects the limit of making only 20 HM's, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't , there's no way any of the hundreds of other Revomaze owners will ever see or own one. the people that have them now are unlikely to ever sell them. The only thing a registered forum does is hide the trials and tribulations of solving this rare puzzle from the rest of the forum. It's unlikely that any of the owners will give anything away in the registered forum if the other registered forums are any example.

Now an open forum is absolutely needed, of course.

If you guys want to exclude all other members from your discussions, fine, be that way. I think it diminishes the enjoyment for the other members not lucky enough to have ordered one.

If there are future limited editions, they should also not have a registered section. How would people feel about not discussing the Ti puzzle in open forum?

Really, what is there to lose from allowing the rest of us watch you guys suffer? :D
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

Should I ever open HM0012 I'll gladly loan it out to any team-Canada revo'rs (its a border/customs thing) .... closed of course :) so don't be giving toooo much away on the forums
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx
maztec

Post by maztec »

MJShasko wrote:Should I ever open HM0012 I'll gladly loan it out to any team-Canada revo'rs (its a border/customs thing) .... closed of course :) so don't be giving toooo much away on the forums
Having borrowed Steve's Revo Black way back in the day, I am still sometimes frustrated by having never seen those registered or open forums. I understand the purpose, but at the same time I do think that if you can confirm having borrowed it, you should be able to chat it up in those forums. :/
OOOOOOOoo
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

maztec wrote:I understand the purpose, but at the same time I do think that if you can confirm having borrowed it, you should be able to chat it up in those forums. :/
i dont understand the purpose, but hey, youre a purple, cant you chat anywhere you please?
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Not all moderators have opened all revomazes (e.g. gold, and silver).
Luckily, moderators are protected against seeing spoilers of unopened mazes by accident.
maztec

Post by maztec »

ReVoRabbit wrote:
maztec wrote:I understand the purpose, but at the same time I do think that if you can confirm having borrowed it, you should be able to chat it up in those forums. :/
i dont understand the purpose, but hey, youre a purple, cant you chat anywhere you please?
Nope, only admins can.

I believe the purpose is for those that feel they are in an elite group and therefore should be able to restrict themselves to the elite group that paid for that elite status.

I personally disagree, but I see the point.
OOOOOOOoo
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

I originally setup the handmade area without a registered section as I saw little point in having it. Indeed for the same reason I removed the black registered group and made it all general. To be honest, with the LE puzzles I don't see much reason to have the open group hidden once everybody has opened it either... unless others want to try ones which may be leant out, in which case maybe just avoid reading the open area?

Chris made the Handmade Registered area so I guess he had a reasons. Maybe it will be opened up once the puzzles are open? Maybe they could be made publicly viewable but limited for posting?
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
maztec

Post by maztec »

I like the idea of publicly viewable but restricted posting until all puzzles are open.
OOOOOOOoo
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

i loaned you my black, no one objected, you opened it, no one objected. if you want to read and post, i cant see why someone would object.

the exclusiveness is in the ownership, not a posting forum.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes