Handmade V1 vs V2

General Questions.
pcad

Handmade V1 vs V2

Post by pcad »

Due to comments made elsewhere it seems that the first version of the Handmade was deemed inadequate. There's also mention that the V2 version is based on what was to be the Lime design.

Can anyone confirm or deny these rumors? If true can anyone fill in the blanks on what happened?

I hope Chris has a replacement design in the wings if the Lime design is to be the basis of the Handmade. I'm sure glad he never accepted prepaid orders for the Lime. ;)
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
maztec

Re: Handmade V1 vs V2

Post by maztec »

pcad wrote:Due to comments made elsewhere it seems that the first version of the Handmade was deemed inadequate. There's also mention that the V2 version is based on what was to be the Lime design.

Can anyone confirm or deny these rumors? If true can anyone fill in the blanks on what happened?

I hope Chris has a replacement design in the wings if the Lime design is to be the basis of the Handmade. I'm sure glad he never accepted prepaid orders for the Lime. ;)
Yes, the v1 Handmade was basically a fancy blue, which disappointed the early testers, created an uproar because people had paid for something new - not another blue - and resulted in a design change.

yes, the v2 Handmade used the Lime design.

Yes, these rumors are true and thus confirmed.

The blanks are filled out above.

What will or will not happen with the Lime is only a rumor at this point. However, the rumor is that since the Handmade took its design, it will at least not come to be with the design that was set aside for it. But, the Lime color may be used on some other puzzle (just not necessarily a 125 level puzzle).
OOOOOOOoo
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Yeah, what he said.
There are no current plans to produce a revomaze lime. Period.
At some point in the future new puzzles may be announced (and even sold) by Ashton Pitt. They may be Revomazes or not, and their color may be lime or not.
No details about future puzzles are made public yet, to avoid speculation and to avoid potentially disappointing people if plans change, which tends to happen in life...
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC
pcad

Post by pcad »

Thanks guys! I've still got more than enough on my plate without another impossible puzzle. It would have been nice if the decision to use the lime for the handmade was a bit more transparent.

The original Handmade design could still be marketed as a Blue V3 successfully.

BTW, aren't we due for an update this weekend?
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

pcad wrote:The original Handmade design could still be marketed as a Blue V3 successfully.
I believe that the scale of the difference between the blue and "issue 1" handmade for the majority of the maze were so insignificant (and the extra bits that were changed were fairly mental) that this design will not be seen beyond the two mazes that already exist.
Last edited by bluesign2k on Mon May 07, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

and isn't the Blue Pro Obsession essentially the handmade v1? or something similar?
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

..similar - right way round, too! :)
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger

Return to “Handmade General”