Anything going on with these?

General Questions.
maztec

Re: Anything going on with these?

Post by maztec »

Killerkel wrote:So what is going on here?

How come two have been given their handmade's and rest have to wait?
That was explained in the email from RevoMaster.
Who selected them to get theirs first? And why do we have to wait?
They were at MPP. Again, this was explained in the email.
My questions

SE aren't we so pose to get a stand with them and a coin?
At one point that was the discussion.
I have my SE set now but only one coin, why can they not be shipped now? Why have I seen a picture with someone who has all their coins on this forum?
I would ask RevoGirl.
I hate paying up front for puzzles, it always leads to bad feelings when they are not delivered on time, why not just take a deposit and then ask for full payment when they are ready to ship!
I believe that is why he is no longer charging before they are ready to ship.

I don't get it sometimes it can't be that hard....... can it.......?
Good question. With enough personal issues going on, it can be harder. I know that from immediate personal experience and family health issues.
OOOOOOOoo
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

OMG. Just got back from holidays and read the email .... Really, a Blue copy???? My recollection is like many others here, that it was supposed to be a unique new puzzle of difficulty 125. Frankly I would have preferred a difficulty similar to Bronze, but the fact it was going to come with special cases and certificates and things made it enticing. An unplated Blue copy ..... not what the handmade was sold as.

I guess that's the problem with the old system of preorders, in the months/years between order and production, puzzles like the Handmade and Gold can end up being noting like what was expected.
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

I would personnaly hate the idea of it being a copy of the blue, but having expierence using centre lathes, I know how hard it would be to make 20 hard puzzles.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

it was my understanding that the HM design was to be based on the blue design just a lot harder than the blue!
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
maztec

Post by maztec »

RichAE91 wrote:it was my understanding that the HM design was to be based on the blue design just a lot harder than the blue!
Seriously? Where did you ascertain that idea from?
OOOOOOOoo
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

maztec wrote:Seriously? Where did you ascertain that idea from?
I read that somewhere on the forum cant remember where as it was a while ago when i read it but i definitely read the the HM was based on the blue design!!
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

The original sale was Revo One format, not maze. This may have simply been a misunderstanding, but I think a lot of people (20 or so) were expecting a much more difficult maze for a level 125.

Chris has contacted the Handmade owners and has notified them that the design will not be of a blue format/style/maze. I'm extremely happy to hear this as I wasn't looking for another repackaged blue, but I'm also concerned that an Easter deadline is a bit unrealistic in terms of the time required to hand make, test, and perfect a new maze from the blanks. I've been waiting for this maze as long as anyone else, and I'd be more than happy to relax that deadline a bit.

I can't comment for the other 19 owners, but I'm not in this to get a refund and I certainly don't want a rushed product. If Chris says that he's starting from scratch then I think it's only fair to give him the time he needs to complete the task. The original time frame was three months - start to finish. I say give him at least that...say July 1 before we start talking about refunds? With that extension, I would also expect timely updates on the progress. Fair is fair. The original design has been reviewed and found wanting and Chris is offering to step it up a bit for us. The least we can do is give him the time he needs to make it.

Let me know your thoughts.
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

I personally don't want a refund or to wait until June 1st! I'm excited about the new design but I also don't want a rushed product. But seeing as these are unplatted I don't see many issues that would keep Chris from delivering these in a timely fashion. Also I'm pretty sure the maze design has already been made right? My only questions that I haven't seen asked then answered are if these are definitely coming with the "special box" and coin.
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Manifestjp wrote:Also I'm pretty sure the maze design has already been made right? My only questions that I haven't seen asked then answered are if these are definitely coming with the "special box" and coin.
Maze designed: Yep if he's now basing on the design that he mentioned in the email (unless any modifications are to be made).
Special box: At the same time as the puzzle - unlikely. At some point in the future - I guess it's a possibility although the key thing at the moment is to get the puzzles themselves sorted.
Coins: yep.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

He can't change the design, two have already been given out? Please correct me if I am wrong
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived

Return to “Handmade General”