Anything going on with these?

General Questions.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Anything going on with these?

Post by bluesign2k »

As in tracking number or puzzle?

edit: just checked my tracking number... apparently mine is waiting at home for me :D
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
stet

Post by stet »

The ones coming to the US seem to be in customs in New York. Hopefully they don't get tied up there for long.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

My HM is in NY and I'm going to Orlando tomorrow for a week!!! What unfortunate timing!!! :o :cry:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

I have mine here in hand. I don't really have time to try to solve it at the moment but I had a quick play and can confirm that it's definitely a revomaze :D There's definitely things to notice about it but I won't say more than that so others can have their own enjoyment of discovery. The first few turns were a bit graunchy but it now runs smoothly.

The sleeve is super shiny (at the moment) and the core looks really nice. The corners on the sleeve have been nicely chamfered as have the nuts on the end of the core and the drawbar and the core where the drawbar sits.

It came *covered* in what smelt like WD40 so have some paper towel or kitchen roll on hand because your hands will be covered in it when you take it out the box. Beware that its also held in a plastic net (for protection) which it sits very loosely in... but the combination of this and the WD40 make it quite slippy... mine very nearly dropped straight on the floor when I got it out.

I'm looking forward to finding some time to sit down and solve this one :D
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Good news: it's here, nice and shiny. Outer appearance exactly like Chris (Bluesign) described. A large amount of WD40-like stuff on/in it, but not so much that I would let it slip, I would never let that happen!
After unpacking (plastic bag, sturdy envelope, bubblewrap, box, foam, bubble wrap, plastic bag, plastic net) I grabbed a stand (from the black, and I put the yellow coin in it! -) and took pictures. Then I took pencil, eraser & paper to start mapping. I sat down and took the first turn and click. :D

Bad news: At that moment a pan in the kitchen started to boil over. :oops:

Good news: I put down the Revo immediately and saved our meal. :)

Bad & sad news: while holding the pan, I heard "bang, bang" two heavy knocks, sounded like metal on a marble floor... :shock:
My Revo had rolled off the table because I had put it down next to the stand in my hurry to save the meal... the floor won :cry:
Then my daughter heard me say something that I shouldn't have said. :oops:

Good news: The Revo seems to behave perfectly, it has a unique sleeve now, with 4 more flat patches than before. :? And the meal was fine.

After dinner I spent an hour on it and I encountered no problems (other than traps). Now I have a decent part of a map. I am not going to say anything specific about it, but it is not blue!-) All owners should have the same fun & joy as I had while discovering what this maze is about.

Should there be a "handmade registered" area where we can discuss the maze while being stuck here and there ?
Or are we fine with discussing it in public as it is unlikely that we spoil anything for future buyers. But then again, in the public area we cannot mention parts of other mazes to compare it with...

Any thoughts?
[modedit: the responded thoughts have been split to a separate topic]
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Re:

Post by ReVoMaster »

a-maze-ing wrote:Good news: it's here, nice and shiny. Outer appearance exactly like Chris (Bluesign) described. A large amount of WD40-like stuff on/in it, but not so much that I would let it slip, I would never let that happen!
After unpacking (plastic bag, sturdy envelope, bubblewrap, box, foam, bubble wrap, plastic bag, plastic net) I grabbed a stand (from the black, and I put the yellow coin in it! -) and took pictures. Then I took pencil, eraser & paper to start mapping. I sat down and took the first turn and click. :D

Bad news: At that moment a pan in the kitchen started to boil over. :oops:

Good news: I put down the Revo immediately and saved our meal. :)

Bad & sad news: while holding the pan, I heard "bang, bang" two heavy knocks, sounded like metal on a marble floor... :shock:
My Revo had rolled off the table because I had put it down next to the stand in my hurry to save the meal... the floor won :cry:
Then my daughter heard me say something that I shouldn't have said. :oops:

Good news: The Revo seems to behave perfectly, it has a unique sleeve now, with 4 more flat patches than before. :? And the meal was fine.

After dinner I spent an hour on it and I encountered no problems (other than traps). Now I have a decent part of a map. I am not going to say anything specific about it, but it is not blue!-) All owners should have the same fun & joy as I had while discovering what this maze is about.

Should there be a "handmade registered" area where we can discuss the maze while being stuck here and there ?
Or are we fine with discussing it in public as it is unlikely that we spoil anything for future buyers. But then again, in the public area we cannot mention parts of other mazes to compare it with...

Any thoughts?
:o Nooooo :cry: :cry: :cry:

Once you have it opened I can redo your sleeve :D (Unless you like your new design ;) )

Very Valid Point "PLEASE BE CAREFUL - WD40 was used to ensure it kept shiney and kept the puzzle protected against moisture :|

Please all take note of what BlueSign has mentioned (I will also email you all as well).

Please register by sending the certificate number to registration@revomaze.co.uk as soon as you can so I can add you to the Handmade Registered Group.

All the best

Chris
ReVoMaster
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

OK, I registered, have access to that group now, and I am firmly stuck in a new maze. (stuck as in not knowing how to progress, not as in physically stuck).
This is a good looking and hard to solve maze, I like it, and sincerely hope that the others are also going to like it.
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Ah Amazeing :lol: good job :roll: :lol:
Mine's in country, but tracking isn't available past that :(
stet

Post by stet »

I just received mine and sent in the registration email :)
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

dang, the postman attempted delivery 10 minutes after my wife stepped out...
I guess I'll have to pick it up tomorrow...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs

Return to “Handmade General”