Anything going on with these?

General Questions.
Fabregas485

Re: Anything going on with these?

Post by Fabregas485 »

Why did you guys get 2 golds each? 1 to keep unopened?
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

I got two sets... it's kind of a long and slightly contrived story :roll:
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
maztec

Post by maztec »

I asked for info on the handmades, was told to expect an update in the next few days.

Translation: not enough time, something incomplete, something found wrong, being fixed, Chris wants to save us from madness (unlikely), who knows what. :p
OOOOOOOoo
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

How many times do we have to tell you to go back to the Gold before you start on your Handmade? Nobody has ever opened a Handmade without first opening a Gold. :lol:

:shock:

*Ducks*
maztec

Post by maztec »

I really should throw my handmade at you, along with the gold.

However, just so you know, you should finish the Orange first, as nobody has completed the Gold without doing the Orange first.
OOOOOOOoo
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

mattangel wrote:...go back to the Gold before you start on your Handmade...
I'd be quite surprised if this were the case.
I've seen parts of a Gold core and I can virtually guarantee that it'll take you no more than 5 or 10 minutes of playing with one to have a mental image of what I've seen but you'll still be hours away from solving it. I'm pretty sure if you were handed a core and given a minute to study it you'd still take just as long to open it :shock: I'd love to see the maps that people come up with for it :lol:
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

bluesign2k wrote:I've seen parts of a Gold core and I can virtually guarantee that it'll take you no more than 5 or 10 minutes of playing with one to have a mental image of what I've seen but you'll still be hours away from solving it. I'm pretty sure if you were handed a core and given a minute to study it you'd still take just as long to open it :shock: I'd love to see the maps that people come up with for it :lol:
It'll be even more amusing considering the advertised differences between all 250 puzzles. Every map will have to be different..going to be crazy!

It'll be interesting to see (or find out) just HOW different they are though.. that has always made me curious.
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Sejanus wrote: It'll be interesting to see (or find out) just HOW different they are though.. that has always made me curious.
This has had me very curious as well
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Fabregas485 wrote:Why did you guys get 2 golds each? 1 to keep unopened?
I actually have 3 Golds. one as part of my collection (if you haven't noticed I collect 1 of everything Revo and they must all be #20). So that naturally includes a titanium #20 (gold plated AU0020CE). and the 3rd gold... well I love Revo so much that people learned that the only way to get me to stop telling them about revo, is to try one. then if you are smart enough to get through the first dozen steps, i'm not going to shut up until you buy one. so a friend of mine bought set #00008SE off eBay when chris auctioned the first 12 off a couple years ago. Blue was won by Bit1313 who wont give it up and Green was stolen by by my buddies girlfriend. so that leaves the 3 "metal" extremes.

My buddy didnt have the cash up front, so i bought them for him, then he couldnt pay me back, so he just gave them back to me.

The bronze: hes gotten as far as the "swimming pool" several times. he determined it was broken so i had to test it for him. I opened it on my first try (a feat i have yet to reproduce on my own bronze). I has not been registered as opened.

Silver: Other than unboxing it to see its beauty, i dont think its been touched. its a V1 with a spare v2 shaft.

Gold: this will come eventually. chris used to hand engrave the number which was cool because it was done after plating leaving a brass number on a nickel shaft. so they were slightly delayed, i assume the gold will be the same way.

I'll probably post pictures tonight, but my auction wont start until RevoMates auction end as i dont want to devalue his auctions at all. i'll delay the start and post on here when they will start when i get those times.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes