please help

General Questions.
Sophist

please help

Post by Sophist »

I bought an orange, the first play, counterclockwise will be stuck, clockwise will fall into the trap, if there is no other way out, is there any one can provide basic guidelines? Thanks a lot
AndrewParr

Re: please help

Post by AndrewParr »

Hi Sophist,

Welcome to the community! Sounds to me like Orange is your first revomaze. Most of us have solved the revomazes in a sequence of increasing difficulty (blue, green, bronze, silver). There is a lot to be learned as you work through the series, including finding your way out of the start ring and into the maze. And that is tame in comparison to what lies in the orange.

My first suggestion would be to start with the blue and learn the basics of how to hold and manipulate the puzzle, and even some mapping strategies. After that, you'll have a better chance at beating the orange.

If that's not feasible, keep these points in mind:
The maze is cut into the shaft.
There is a spring-loaded pin in the sleeve that you must manoeuvre through the maze.
Maze paths are machined at different heights. A click sound usually means you have fallen into a deep trap and must start over. Usually.
Paths are machined at different widths. Some are tough to find. Go slow and you should find the entrance.

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress!
Starting over
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Twist both ways... Push/Pull! You'll get there...

Its hard initially to have a spacial awareness within the puzzle. As you play you'll become more familiar with what those landmarks are... A map might help... or at least start thinking about mapping...

The coordinates would look something like Rotation vs Depth.

Just something to think about! Orange is a real hard step! Not to mention there are other factors that will deter your progress that you've not seen before... So be patient. Enjoy the ride and welcome!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Sophist

Post by Sophist »

Thank you for your warm reply, I will try my best, even though I still don't understand :?
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

If Orange is your first Revomaze, then it will be incredibly difficult to understand much at all. I highly recommend getting a blue. Either Extreme or Obsession.
Sophist

Post by Sophist »

If there is a reference to the video tutorial?
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

One great thing about this community is that you can always ask members for advice and they'll be happy to give you hints. Another great thing is that everyone "in the know" protects the secrets of the puzzles, so you probably won't find a lot of help on the general internet.

As far as basic handling goes, hold the puzzle with the label right side up, facing you. Hold the orange sleeve steady with your left hand. Your right hand turns, pushes and pulls the silver shaft. Your goal is to eventually pull the shaft out the right side of the sleeve. And much of the time, you will need to do a combination of turning and pulling/pushing.

If you live in the USA, and you're near a Marbles store, drop in and ask to try the blue revomaze, if they have an open demo model available. If the clerks are well-informed, maybe they can show you the basics of operating the puzzle.
Starting over
natureboy

Post by natureboy »

hi!
I started with an orange too, I'm about halfway!
Before starting I red a lot this forum, so I know how a revomaze was working.
As Andrew told you the community is great, I had great offers of help :)
So I can offer you mine if ou want to PM me, since I know something more than you but not much, we can do this trip together.

During all the trip inside you must EXPLORE CAREFULLY: that means go slow, do not only twist the shaft but also push and pull to force the pin close to the wall...who knows maybe you'll open a "gate", hit a "guard" in the face, or climb a little rise.

Also, try to draw a map the best you can. I can show you how I take my references, but designing a reference system is part of the fun. You can also check the topic about mapping, it gave me nice ideas.

Stefano

Return to “Orange General”