Orange vs Handmade

General Questions.
jeffives69

Re: Orange vs Handmade

Post by jeffives69 »

Mark76 wrote:First draft was five pages. Then I changed a few things and submitted the amended five pages. Then it's been tweaked a few more times since. (I tried to be very thorough, I may have got a bit carried away :) ).
No wonder you won Mark or should I say why I didn’t.

I submitted two designs, one was a 1-page word document and the other was just a bitmap image!

Did you just have the one design?
Open Open Open Open Open
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

Yeah, just sent in the one design. I had an idea / theme for what I wanted right from the very beginning, then spent a lot of time trying to make it work in the space available. I'm not sure about anyone else but it was quite a task just finding the room.

I'd love to see what other people came up with. I hope Chris does share the ones he's not able to use or at least let people know so they can post them in the open forum.
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

id love to share my design. I agree btw on the whole room issue. It was hard trying to make the entire design fit on the small amount of space. But I used excel.

I think Matt is the only one I have sent my design to aside from Chris. So I would love for him to approve for us to be allowed to send our designs out to others. It would be great to get some feedback from a few people on my terrible design skills. :lol:
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Feel free to post it in the registered section of this forum, but remember that Chris retains the right to use any of your designs in future puzzles.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

jeffives69 wrote:No wonder you won Mark or should I say why I didn’t.

I submitted two designs, one was a 1-page word document and the other was just a bitmap image!
I actually particularly liked a few elements of your first design (the bitmap). Maybe one day I can persuade Chris to use a design with your extra "elements" ;)
Mark76 wrote:...I'd love to see what other people came up with. I hope Chris does share the ones he's not able to use or at least let people know so they can post them in the open forum.
There were some very neat designs, it would be cool if Chris does decide to show at least a selection of the others at some point :)
Gdamatov77 wrote:...I think Matt is the only one I have sent my design to aside from Chris. So I would love for him to approve for us to be allowed to send our designs out to others. It would be great to get some feedback from a few people on my terrible design skills. :lol:
Gabi, if you would like to share your designs to get more feedback from others then you can. As Matt said, best to do that in the registered area ;)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
jeffives69

Post by jeffives69 »

Mark76 wrote:I'd love to see what other people came up with. I hope Chris does share the ones he's not able to use or at least let people know so they can post them in the open forum.
As soon as we get the nod from Chris, I’ll be happy to post my designs. But I don’t think it’s against the rules for us to share our designs, now the competitions over, is it?

Apart from Mark, of course. :)
Open Open Open Open Open
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

then all i need to do is find my file with the design. I might have to find the email i sent to matt and redownload.

Then I will upload

EDIT: There is no Registered section though.
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

Wouldnt want anybody to jeopardise their chance to get their idea/design in a future puzzle, if it's posted on the forum for people to see, it might make Chris decide not to use it. (Just a thought).
jeffives69

Post by jeffives69 »

Well Mark it sounds like a lot of hard work went into your design, I orderd one last week and can't wait to get my hands on it (hope I can open it and see the PDF plans).

Have you made a mini revomaze of your orange design, or is that really pushing it for space.
Open Open Open Open Open
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

If I ever get chance to use a CNC (computer numerical control) Milling machine I would definitely have a go.

Return to “Orange General”