Orange vs Handmade

General Questions.
pcad

Orange vs Handmade

Post by pcad »

While there's no real way for me to obtain a Handmade, I have pre-ordered the Orange. The HM is rated as being more difficult than both the Silver and the Gold with a rating of 125. Personally I find that difficult to believe. I also recall Chris saying the Red was to be as difficult as he could make it.

Now that I've been here for a while and sort of know what my fellow puzzlers are like, I think it's possible that the Orange design may be as, or more difficult than the HM. Any thoughts? Would Chris allow the Orange to be harder than the HM?

I realize this is just speculation, but it seems that the Gold, HM, Orange and perhaps the Titanium may be ready in the not too far off future. It'll be interesting to see how these new designs compare to each other.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
smiteo

Re: Orange vs Handmade

Post by smiteo »

I also recall Chris saying the Red was to be as difficult as he could make it.
that was back when there were 3 limited editions planned - the black, yellow and red...

the Red that came out, is not the Red that Chris was talking about...

That being said, I think Chris can do things w/ the Handmade that won't be possible in a mass produced puzzle... Plus he's been designing them longer than we have, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on difficulty...

As far as the Orange goes, I just hope it is a fun puzzle... Difficulty doesn't necessarily mean fun :)
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

smiteo wrote:
Difficulty doesn't necessarily mean fun :)

...wise words, that man...
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

pcad wrote:While there's no real way for me to obtain a Handmade, I have pre-ordered the Orange. The HM is rated as being more difficult than both the Silver and the Gold with a rating of 125.
I think the Orange difficulty level is yet to be decided. The fun level on the other hand I think will be very high!
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
pcad

Post by pcad »

I realize that the design and difficulty level has yet to be announced. I too hope the Orange will not be as difficult as the Silver or Gold. The Bronze struck a nice balance of fun and difficulty.

OTOH, there are some here that feel the Silver is easier than the Bronze and might design a truly difficult puzzle.

Since Chris decides which design gets made we'll know his opinion when the Orange arrives. That may still be awhile.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

pcad wrote:OTOH, there are some here that feel the Silver is easier than the Bronze.
Erm....to whom are you referring?
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

mattangel wrote:
pcad wrote:OTOH, there are some here that feel the Silver is easier than the Bronze.
Erm....to whom are you referring?
yeah, I want names! :)

Easier to reopen maybe, but not easier to solve the first time!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
pcad

Post by pcad »

No time now. I'll check later.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
maztec

Post by maztec »

Probably me. The Silver took me far less time than the Bronze and I felt like I was steadily progressing the entire time, while the Bronze I just hit a wall and was stuck.

As for the Orange, Chris made it very clear at one point that the Orange was supposed to be designed so it was on par with the Blue and Green in difficulty. So, I would say it will be easier.
OOOOOOOoo
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

maztec wrote:Probably me. The Silver took me far less time than the Bronze and I felt like I was steadily progressing the entire time, while the Bronze I just hit a wall and was stuck.
well, I guess you're probably the exception rather than the rule...

Return to “Orange General”