Orange vs Handmade

General Questions.
maztec

Re: Orange vs Handmade

Post by maztec »

smiteo wrote:
maztec wrote:Probably me. The Silver took me far less time than the Bronze and I felt like I was steadily progressing the entire time, while the Bronze I just hit a wall and was stuck.
well, I guess you're probably the exception rather than the rule...
I dunno. My opinion is that the Silver can be solved through deduction, whereas the Bronze requires blind luck - as I had deduced how it worked quickly, but then had months of it not working :\ Whereas, with the Silver, things actually worked when tried first . . . on the v2 *cough*
OOOOOOOoo
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

maztec wrote: I dunno. My opinion is that the Silver can be solved through deduction, whereas the Bronze requires blind luck - as I had deduced how it worked quickly, but then had months of it not working :\ Whereas, with the Silver, things actually worked when tried first . . . on the v2 *cough*
I completely disagree. There is nothing in the Bronze that requires luck...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
maztec

Post by maztec »

smiteo wrote:
maztec wrote: I dunno. My opinion is that the Silver can be solved through deduction, whereas the Bronze requires blind luck - as I had deduced how it worked quickly, but then had months of it not working :\ Whereas, with the Silver, things actually worked when tried first . . . on the v2 *cough*
I completely disagree. There is nothing in the Bronze that requires luck...
smiteo: My experience was if you didn't try the solution to get past the first part in exactly the right way, you just bumbled around endlessly. I actually did do it the right way a few times, as it was my first assumption as to the solution, but never got anywhere with it because it stuck just a touch. I actually ended up sending it to RevoRabbit to make sure things weren't broke, got it back, and got through the first real time I sat down and tried it after that :\. I would say I had too soft a touch.

So yah, maybe just my experience with that particular maze the first time, but other than the red it is probably my least favorite.
OOOOOOOoo
pcad

Post by pcad »

There you go. It was maztec's comments that I was referring to. Thanks for not making me go through all those posts.

I'm also pleased that the difficulty level will be less than superhuman. I still enjoy working the Blue maze more than the others. I must have missed that reference to the intended difficulty level for the Orange.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
maztec

Post by maztec »

Welcome. :) The reference re difficulty of Orange was in the instructions.
OOOOOOOoo
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

I agree with Smiteo. Sounds like you got a freak unlucky maze Maztec.
pcad

Post by pcad »

Seven months later is a bit longer than I'd thought it would be, but at least there was the photo in the Nov 13th update. Without being specific about the photo I wonder again how hard the Orange will be.

I read though the manual for the Orange design instructions and didn't find anything that specified the difficulty except perhaps the generality that less complicated designs are easier, less expensive to make and are more reliable. I get the feeling it's going to be a bit harder than the 60/100 range.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
maztec

Post by maztec »

Between green and blue. Says that in the manual.
OOOOOOOoo
pcad

Post by pcad »

Is the manual different from the "Revomaze Orange: User Design Competition Entrant Pack"? I guess I don't have the manual since I can't find where the difficulty is specified in the Entrant Pack. I'll check again.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Having seen the design - I estimate the difficulty to be between the green and bronze... I think probably closer to the bronze
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

Return to “Orange General”