RedX IS AVAILABLE!

General Questions.
vonsch

Re: RedX IS AVAILABLE!

Post by vonsch »

My red, silver and an additional blue all came in that exact same box type. Pink, with a gold revo picture.
BU-GR-BR-AG-R-AQ-GM-TI-CU-TQ-IN-MT-OR-SA
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

vonsch wrote:My red, silver and an additional blue all came in that exact same box type. Pink, with a gold revo picture.
...the packaging picture on the site a couple of days back had a picture of a Balderbash box if memory serves...it's been fixed since then... ;)
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

allardwza wrote:
vonsch wrote:My red, silver and an additional blue all came in that exact same box type. Pink, with a gold revo picture.
...the packaging picture on the site a couple of days back had a picture of a Balderbash box if memory serves...it's been fixed since then... ;)
Of course it did. The Red is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a Balderdash box. I think it was Churchill that said that after he reached the runway.
Last edited by mattangel on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Let's see now, the Red has a difficulty of 85, as does the Titanium.
But what difficulty does the black have?

// M
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Extreme ~ CE_BU#69 ~ CE_GR#69 ~ CE_BR#69 ~ CE_AG#69 ~ CE_AU#69 ~ CE_TI#69 ~
Limited Editions ~ R#95 ~ OR#69 5h+ ~ HM#17 Ordered ~
Timer/Clock
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Bunny_Whabbit wrote:Let's see now, the Red has a difficulty of 85, as does the Titanium.

// M
The difficulty of the red obsessions and extremes are of great debate, basically between those that have managed to open them and those that haven't. The red extreme has its place as a beautiful puzzle, and if you're a collector, you may want to think about purchasing one, but otherwise, I'd stick with series 1 puzzles. If you are going to purchase the red, I'd also suggest ordering the obsession set. That way you can experience the entire red story.

Although I don't know the difficulty rating of the black, I'd say it's just above blue, but not quite at green. You have to keep in mind that black wasn't made for it's difficulty rating; it holds a much more beautiful secret.

Best,
Matt
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Bunny_Whabbit wrote:Let's see now, the Red has a difficulty of 85, as does the Titanium.
im sure its in the forums SOMEWHERE, but it was certainly meant to be closer to blue and green. I think 65 or 75 was the official number though. some claim it to be the easiest of all the puzzles, others think its harder than silver. i'd say significantly easier than bronze, but more difficult than blue or green.

Yes. black was made as "punishment" if you will to chris. as you will experience the trials our minds and hands undergo. adrian, one of the engineers decided to make a revomaze for chris so that chris might have the same experience as the rest of us. that gift is now know as the revomaze black!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

ReVoRabbit wrote:
im sure its in the forums SOMEWHERE, but it was certainly meant to be closer to blue and green. I think 65 or 75 was the official number though. some claim it to be the easiest of all the puzzles, others think its harder than silver. i'd say significantly easier than bronze, but more difficult than blue or green.

Yes. black was made as "punishment" if you will to chris. as you will experience the trials our minds and hands undergo. adrian, one of the engineers decided to make a revomaze for chris so that chris might have the same experience as the rest of us. that gift is now know as the revomaze black!
HAHAHA :lol:
I have ordered the Black Obsession, it will probably be the first one I get. Will I hate it? ;)
Oh, does anyone think the Orange will be as cruel as the red? Or more as a fun thing?
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Timer/Clock
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Bunny_Whabbit wrote:Oh, does anyone think the Orange will be as cruel as the red? Or more as a fun thing?
it should be entertaining. i think chris was giving in to our desire to make our own "black". i think chris wants to keep it basic, but challenging. i think it'll be harder than the red. then again, i havent opened the red. although i just got an evil, evil idea! hope chris lets me put it in my Orange design!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Hmmm, out of curiosity, how do you make a design? is it just a picture or do you use any kind of software?
Timer/Clock
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Bunny_Whabbit wrote:Hmmm, out of curiosity, how do you make a design? is it just a picture or do you use any kind of software?
if you buy and orange soon, you'll get a design kit. Probably wouldn't help you, but hey, it could happen!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes