Mapping Challenge

For all general forum discussions.
ReVoRabbit

Re: Mapping Challenge

Post by ReVoRabbit »

I agree with ReallyBigTeeth (RBT).
ReallyBigTeeth wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:54 am maybe start with some of the measureing, drawing on graph paper, and pulling your hair out techniques.
These are my least favorite methods of mapping. You'll see my mapping technique above, but this is only for easy mazes. Once you attempt the harder half of the puzzles you'll want something better. I am not sure I have ever seen someone use my method (which I do not disclose to the community). It is ugly, efficient, and works extremely well for me.

If you view RBT's tools, while I have not used them, they are my favorite method outside of my own. If you are struggling with the precision of your mapping or moves and have access to 3D printed parts, I highly recommend this.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I started my journey with Orange and I started to map with that first maze. The map wasn't the best with my first mazes but enough to solve them but after some practice I have been able to map better and better. I use a roll with measuring tape around it and measure the length of the visible core with a folding rule.

Study other maps have made my mapping technique better. I also enjoy the mazes more with mapping and think the mapping process is half the fun. I also think it is more fun when mapping due to that I can focus on solving problems instead of memorize the maze.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

Similar to Prodigy, only I use graph paper around the sleeve, a HQ version trainer/grip, and a small pair of callipers.

Escaped: SP AQ TQ BU EM GR BR AG TI GM CU MT BL v1 GR BU Mini OR IN PE
Trapped in:AU LM HM RU SA
Waiting on:
Looking for: BL v2 PU
Uwe Lehmann

Post by Uwe Lehmann »

Hallo,

Awaiting lime, blue solved. Had a new idea for an automapper with ratio 1:4 in x

I am still unable to upload pictures.

Uwe Lehmann
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

you need to host them somewhere else and link to them

I use https://imgbb.com/
Escaped: SP AQ TQ BU EM GR BR AG TI GM CU MT BL v1 GR BU Mini OR IN PE
Trapped in:AU LM HM RU SA
Waiting on:
Looking for: BL v2 PU
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Uwe Lehmann wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:17 am Hallo,

Awaiting lime, blue solved. Had a new idea for an automapper with ratio 1:4 in x

I am still unable to upload pictures.

Uwe Lehmann
It shouldn't be a problem to add pictures here but there are a "Maximum file size per attachment: 2 MB". So just resize the images before you attach them. Otherwise you can do as BlackClub, but I always attach them directly.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH

Return to “General”