Buyers and Sellers

For all general forum discussions.
Prym8

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by Prym8 »

Breeze I'm in the same boat as you except I started with the bronze :/ and as for buying used here I would be cautious unless you get some very reasonable prices for a used revomaze. Hold out don't let any opportunitist make you think it's a collectors item that will never be released again Chris has already proved this wrong with second releases of Discontinued items and I wouldn't be surprised at all if you see allot of out of stock revomazes become available at the beginning of the year. Chris and his team know there is a good demand for more mazes and they deserve our money more than someone willing to price hike.
Bronze - In progress
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Hi Breeze,
Welcome to the community! I remember when I first solved the blue. It gave me months of good puzzling entertainment. And then I was hooked and wanted to collect as many Revos as I could! Of course, this was over three years ago when many puzzles were still available for purchase. It will be a little harder now to get a large collection of these puzzles. I can't speak for Chris, but in the time I've been here, he hasn't rereleased any out of production puzzles. From time to time, they find a few copies of rare puzzles at Revo HQ and sell those. They sell very limited quantities and they go very quickly. Also, from time to time, out of circulation puzzles appear in this buyers and sellers thread, so your best bet is to check in daily to see if anything is being offered up for sale. And be prepared to pay more than what the original selling price was. I know I paid above average for most of my puzzles and I'm completely fine with that because demand outweighs supply.
Also, if you're a nice person and make good relationships here, it's not unheard of for members to lend out their puzzles. :-)
Good luck with the collection!

Andy
Starting over
darenwhitaker

Post by darenwhitaker »

mattangel wrote:Contact Chris for the algorithm and your three letter starting code.
Thanks Mattangel
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock
Prym8

Post by Prym8 »

Releasing limited amounts of a discontinued item is a re-release... These puzzles could be re-released at anytime and history shows they have been and most likely will again its only a matter of time/demand. Save your money and don't buy used unless it's slightly above retail you will be doing yourself a favor. True collectors that buy or sell should have zero problem with this considering if they want to sell an item they know it's to a fellow collector and don't want to rip them off and or if they don't want to sell and the buyer has to go directly through revomaze then the money will go to Chris which in turn makes revomaze more profit which leads to more revomazes.

Also I'm glad to see people coming out asking to buy revos and other selling at an extreme over inflation which means demand is high with low supply.Maybe Chris will see this and decide demand is high enough for some new mazes and even re-releases!
#takemymoneyrevomaze!

Question - is there a subfourm for what the community is interested in Chris releasing whether it's re-releases or new releases? If not we should make one it would help with revomaze knowing the demand
Bronze - In progress
stet

Post by stet »

Many of the main series have been re-released a few times, and even in slightly different versions (some of Blue, Green, and Bronze had the V2 versions, Marbles editions, and plastic versions). I wouldn't be surprised if they come back again some day due to their mass appeal and popularity. The Silver will probably never be made again because it's advanced difficulty puts it out of range for the average puzzler and it is among the more difficult to make. The Gold is a different type of puzzle (and not in a good way, IMHO) which originally served as the conclusion of a contest involving the 5 main puzzles in the original series (Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, and Gold). The Gold was originally limited to 250 and I don't think they made even that many. There is little appeal in the Gold to anyone except for collectors these days, I greatly doubt it will ever get made again as it would only lead to disappointment for those who would buy them (the puzzle is really that different from the others, and the contest is long over).

As far as I am aware none of the others were ever re-released, just a few left overs which weren't originally sold were offered for sale at a later time. None of these were new production.

There have been a number of other RevoMazes made in very limited numbers (12 Purples, 20 Blacks and Handmades, etc). These should never be made again as they were marketed as sold as Limited Editions. The Purple wasn't even directly sold but acquired by other means.

Chris has been very active in continuing the series far beyond the original 5 series puzzles and 3 limited editions that were originally planned. Mint and Salmon should be shipping early 2017 and I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 more sometime next year. Chris is busy moving forward, not revisiting the past.

The fact that these are high quality and sought after puzzles means that their value is increasing and will continue to do so for the ones that were limited and/or long out of production. That is just the way that the secondary market works.

I have been contacted at times by Private Message asking if I want to sell some of mine. Wherever I see a message like this I immediately delete it. I consider it rude to ask a collector if he wants to sell part of his collection. If I want to sell any or all of it, I will post here.

With that in mind, you may be shocked at what I have been offered for my collection. It was well in the 5 figures, and that was before the more recent releases which have been added to it. I do have 2 Golds and wouldn't part with either for only $600.

If you think the secondary market for these are high, you should see some wood puzzles...
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
Prym8

Post by Prym8 »

@stet just so no one is confused by what a collection can go for I have already been contacted by more than one collector willing to let an entire set go for around $1000 if anyone says 5 figures for set that's a joke and a prime example of what I have said several times on this forum. If it's worth that to you great but don't infer it's the standard unless you have a larger sample size beyond your own personal value.
Bronze - In progress
stet

Post by stet »

There are very few people who actually have the entire set including all limited editions. I'm one of them and probably the only one with all matching serial numbers (it is a true set and will not be broken up). If someone is willing to part with an entire set (including the limited editions) for only $1000 then that is a super bargain and you should have grabbed it as you will never find a better deal for that many RevoMaze puzzles. If whomever it is that is selling a true entire set for this price still have it available they should post here as it would be snapped up within minutes.

Just for reference there are currently 17 unique metal RevoMazes in existence (not counting the mini which is the same maze as the Blue and the R2 Mercury). There is also 1 completely unique plastic maze as well as an "expert" version of the Blue maze in plastic. My collection currently contains a total of 30 puzzles which includes at least 1 of each of the 17 unique metal ones, some un-plated and/or gold plated versions, 2 plastic ones (the unique Black and the "expert" Blue), a mini, and the V2 Mercury. As mentioned above, all of the numbered ones (all the Metal ones except for 1 Marbles edition Gunmetal) have the same serial number.

Anyway, for my set I was offered what I was offered but it is worth so much more to me that I did not accept that offer and still have my set (and don't intend to sell it any time soon).

It seems obvious to me that you must be new to collectables and have no idea or experience with how collectable pricing goes.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
ebarthe

Post by ebarthe »

@stet he is just upset because I sold my gold at a collector's price and he just doesn't accept that he is not getting a gold.
After his three posts dedicated to butter up Chris, I'm still cracking up. Merry Christmas!
darenwhitaker

Post by darenwhitaker »

Some of the posts have good points, but in the last few years I’ve been collecting revo’s, I’ve seen prices go up AND down, so there’s no sure bet that prices will continue to rise. And no, I’m not disappointed there are revos out there that are currently going for more than I would spend, because one thing I’ve learned since Al Gore invented the internet, is that you can’t predict the long-term price of just about anything. Heck, my ex-wife thought her Beanie Baby collection would be work millions someday. :lol:
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock
Prym8

Post by Prym8 »

@stet I was referring to the standard collection blue through gold which I have had more than one person tell me they would sell for around 1000. Now of course if you have 5 million revomazes that price goes up but most people refer to the "full collection" as blue through gold or the CE. It's obvious to me you over flatter yourself thinking this is complicated collecting/buy/selling revomazes. Sounds to me like you might be like the beanie baby lady lol. You won't get rich buying and selling mazes get a good job for that ;)

@ebarthe I'm surprised you would even be willing to post on here after openly admitting to being an opportunist and as for your side comment saying I'm buttering up Chris try using any logic to explain that. Lol.. I mentioned his name only to get attention to the fact people want re-releases if it works great if it doesn't oh well. As for getting a gold I've already talked to two other people willing to sell so the good news is I'll probably get a gold and you found a sucker to rip off win win right? Haha oh and Christmas isn't on the 30th FYI ;)

**Once again buyer beware only buy from someone who is listing slightly above retail or just wait and give Chris your money.**
Last edited by Prym8 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bronze - In progress

Return to “General”