Buyers and Sellers

For all general forum discussions.
ezamover

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by ezamover »

The price sounds about right to me.
The one I let go went for about that, to a collector.
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Knowing what something is worth and what eccentric “collectors” will pay for it are two entirely different things. The Red isn’t much of a puzzle, and buyers should be aware of that before the fork over that kind of money.
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

This "that puzzle isn't worth it", or "how dare you ask for that much" thing is becoming a deal again with this thread, especially with all of the sales that have gone on recently.

Ultimately the sale comes down to the seller and the informed buyer. What ever they agree on should be accepted, whether you disagree with it or not.
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Very true. I hope wave gets what he’s asking for, but I want the buyer to be well informed on Red’s history before buying it for that kind of money.
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

This "that puzzle isn't worth it", or "how dare you ask for that much"
The behaviour above is akin to when your neighbour is trying to sell their house, then someone comes along and tells them about the crack house next door.

Right or wrong ? ... I don't know, but I do wonder just exactly who is this helping ?
cmh714

Post by cmh714 »

I disagree, as a relative newcomer I wouldnt know that the Red isnt much of a puzzle compared to what it may be worth to a collector.

For me personally, sure, I would like to be a collector but I dont think having thousands of dollars just sitting on a shelf collecting dust is really that beneficial for me, compared to what I could do with that money.

At the end of the day, its just a #@%$! puzzle :) and that doesnt take away any enjoyment I get from working with them.
Blue - Obsession but box says Extreme :) - In Progress
Green V2 - In Progress
Bronze - Not Started
Gun Metal - Not Started
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

In my opinion the place to discuss the relative merits of one maze over another one is not the buyers and sellers thread.

Imagine if you were a sales person,of any kind, and you had a 3rd party come up to your customer, tap him on the shoulder and say "I wouldn't buy that because of X,Y and Z" you would not be happy would you.

There are places to go on this forum for discussing the X, Y and Z of each puzzle. Plenty of discussion elsewhere to do the required research. Not here please.

As for whether or not you think it's too much to pay or too little, once again that is between the market participants, not outside parties. You are entitled to an opinion .. .but are you entitled to interfere in someones business ?
Last edited by ezamover on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmh714

Post by cmh714 »

On that I would agree! The market thread is probably not the best place to discuss the merits of a maze.
Green V2 - In Progress
Bronze - Not Started
Gun Metal - Not Started
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Glad we agree on that :-)

Would be a bit like me saying in this thread.
What ... you are buying a Revomaze ! ... wow .. more fool you. Send me a PM and I will tell you why Popplocks are Soooo much better.
cmh714

Post by cmh714 »

HAHA, yeah thats not cool :ugeek:

Both can be fun!
Green V2 - In Progress
Bronze - Not Started
Gun Metal - Not Started

Return to “General”