Buyers and Sellers

For all general forum discussions.
rodrigue10

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by rodrigue10 »

I have a new, unopened Gunmetal for sale.
PM me if interested with your offer.

-SOLD
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Threw my Pelikan How To Box on Paradise if anyone is interested
http://www.puzzleparadise.net/auction_d ... _id=100691
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

03SVTCobra wrote:Threw my Pelikan How To Box on Paradise if anyone is interested
If anyone is considering buying this box I honestly can't recommend it enough. I love this puzzle!
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

Paradox wrote:
03SVTCobra wrote:Threw my Pelikan How To Box on Paradise if anyone is interested
If anyone is considering buying this box I honestly can't recommend it enough. I love this puzzle!
If I had the money, I would definitely consider it. But I don't... :cry:
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Interested!
Starting over
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

Selling:
Revomaze Mapping Kit
IMG_20160717_175953-800x600.jpg
IMG_20160717_175953-800x600.jpg (104.7 KiB) Viewed 10073 times
I designed a 3D printed jig to help map Revomazes. I put a few posts about it in the Mapping Challenge thread and have now decided that it is at its final stage of design and ready to produce for those of you who are interested.

These are the posts in the Mapping Challenge Thread:
First version - http://www.revomaze.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... 100#p52268
Final version - http://www.revomaze.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... 110#p52358

The mapper produces an accurate and detailed map (I have tested it on all of the Revomazes I have in my signature as "open"), you can see examples of maps made with it in the various "Open" sections in this forum. It works while you play, since it is designed so that it can be held in your hand while using the Revomaze. The round handle works as a "training aid", actually making the Revomaze easier on the hand.

Once you have produced a map, it will always be possible to "mount" the map back on the Revomaze and use the mapper as a "maze runner", following the path on the map with the tip of the pencil (retracted not to spoil the map, or you can, like I do, cover the maps with acrylic film once done).

By buying a mapping kit, you will receive:
  • The mapper, disassembled in three parts (handle, arm and pencil holder)
    A hexagonal section pencil
    A slip of pre-cut graph paper for your first map
    A slip of pre-cut cardboard to wrap around the Revomaze below the graph paper
    An instructions sheet with photos that explain assembly and usage
The price I thought of is 15.00€ + shipping

Shipping from Italy will be:
  • 17.00€ for shipping to other European countries
  • 24.00€ for shipping to USA
I live in Italy, and have no problem in shipping worldwide.
Consider that 3D printing a mapper takes me about 3 hours, so production is not that fast. Moreover, I am not home during weekdays due to my job, so I only have part of the weekend to use for printing.
The idea is that I will keep an updated "first come first served" list (which already contains a few orders that have arrived via PM after my posts in the Mapping Challenge thread), will ask the first on the list for their payment and ship the mappers as soon as they are printed and I receive payment. So if you tell me you are interested, I'll add you to the list and will ask you your payment when your name is among the first in the list. I will then print and ship your mapper(s).

Note: this mapper is very effective, so my suggestion is that each time you tackle a new Revomaze you don't use the mapper right away, but rather start finding your way around like you've always done (maybe just attaching the mapper's handle to the nut on the shaft to use as a training aid). Once you have a fairly good idea of what the maze is about, and you reach that "thinking point" all Revomazes have, you can throw the mapper on the maze and get consistent with your exploration.

PM me if interested! :)
Last edited by alex80it on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Open: BU, BU Obs, PRO, BR, IN, GR, GR Obs, MT SE, GM, TI, LM, OR, BL Obs, AU, AQ, AG
In progress: CU
Closed: R Obs
Waiting for: MT V1, SL
Wishlist: R, PU, BL, MINI
nick

Post by nick »

I may have stupid questions, but still, here we are:

-> How can you move the rod with your mechanism? Doesn't it provide from playing "smoothly"?
-> The pen will draw the maze and the holes, then how can you differentiate both? You do not want to stay in the holes :lol:
-> Is 3D printed strong enough?
-> Which mazes have you managed to solve with your system? with only looking at the map you draw with it (and thus, without looking at the "official maps")

Thanks for the answers
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

Hi :)
Here are the answers:

1. The instruction sheet provides information on how to hold the mapper while playing, I can assure you it is very smooth, I posted a video on how to use it as a maze runner, in which you can see how it works in action. The post is in the "Blue Extreme Open" section, I cannot put a link to it in this thread, but if you have opened Blue you can check it out, I'm sure you'll consider it pretty smooth... :)

2. The pencil draws paths, traps, every portion of the maze you can walk. What I do is have a second pencil or pen at hand, and add annotations and "fall lines" as I map. Mapping traps is just as useful as mapping the path...

3. Orientation of parts for print has been studied in order to make the whole assembly as sturdy as possible during operation. I used the first version of the mapper for many hours (I mapped all my Revos with it) and it is still perfect, the new version for sale is much sturdier.

4. I solved: Blue, Green, MintSE, Bronze, Gunmetal, Titanium, Indigo, Lime

Please ask away, should you have more questions! :D
Open: BU, BU Obs, PRO, BR, IN, GR, GR Obs, MT SE, GM, TI, LM, OR, BL Obs, AU, AQ, AG
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

what are your estimates for shipping to the US?
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

I added shipping costs for Europe and USA to my sales post, shipping to the US will be 24,00€ :)

Return to “General”