For all general forum discussions.
Bunny_Whabbit

The grandfather of RevoMaze?

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Found this when ogling on the net.
http://puzzlecollecting.com/index.php/2 ... aira-1983/
Well, what do you think?

// M
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Extreme ~ CE_BU#69 ~ CE_GR#69 ~ CE_BR#69 ~ CE_AG#69 ~ CE_AU#69 ~ CE_TI#69 ~
Limited Editions ~ R#95 ~ OR#69 5h+ ~ HM#17 Ordered ~
Timer/Clock
mhuti

Re: The grandfather of RevoMaze?

Post by mhuti »

I have the 1a + 1c puzzles and they are good puzzles. If you do a search for 'Doolorinth' you'll find these are also cylindrical blind mazes (I know of 7 colours and several advertising variants). Also Oskar Van Deventer has made a series of cylindrical mazes 'Cooksey Tribute' (there are 6 in this set plus there is an original cooksey maze), these are not blind mazes but are cylindrical have 2 pins to navigate through the maze and are made by shapeways. These were based on an earlier puzzle. I have seen (but don't own) a Victorian puzzle that was cylindrical and the puzzle mechanisim was hidden similar to the revo but it was not a maze.
I've not encountered anything quite like these ReVos before.
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

The original (Dutch:-) inventors of the Doolorinth have now (15 years later) improved their product, and are planning huge media exposure (which is indeed noticeable in the Netherlands). Their new product is for sale in Dutch toy shops at this moment, although I think only the easy/yellow version is available yet. I will investigate as soon as I get to visit the reported shops.
More info via http://www.daeloring.com ( multiple languages available)
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC
mhuti

Post by mhuti »

Thanks for the info. ;) :D
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Found it, bought it, and solved it (4 minutes).
The Dael-O-Ring is very much like the Doolorinth indeed, but has a different maze inside, and a (patented!?) reset line which allows you to go back to the start in one single move, AFTER the maze is solved. I wonder where they got the great idea of having a reset line in it...
The price is idiotic for two pieces of plastic (10 euro), but they obviously need someone to pay for the huge marketing campaign...
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC

Return to “General”