Where to begin?

For all general forum discussions.
Rutter

Where to begin?

Post by Rutter »

So I've been thinking about picking up a revomaze for a while now but I cant decide where to begin. If I'm going to spend $120 on a puzzle I want it to be mind numbingly difficult. I was thinking about starting with the bronze. From what I understand the blue is somewhat easy and the green just adds to that, then the bronze is a completely different animal. Any opinions/suggestions?
BR00331 - Working on it
mattangel

Re: Where to begin?

Post by mattangel »

Hi Rutter,

I was in the same situation, and I started with the Bronze. It was difficult, took me about four days to open, and was worth every penny. However, when it was over, I found it very easy to repeatedly open. I'd like to move onto Silver at some point, but since there are limited supplies of the Gold, I went ahead and purchased that one. General consensus on the forums is that the Red is especially evil :twisted: . Unless I'm wrong, I believe that the Red Extreme is the same as the Red Obsession, but a metal version. If you think you might like to collect these, the you may want to consider pre-ordering that one as well. If I were you, I'd seriously consider starting with at least the Bronze and working your way up, and filling in your collection with the Blue and Green at a later date :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Bronze would be a really good place to start if you want a really good challenge. But just ask anybody on this forum, once you get and open your first you'll kick yourself that you hadn't bought any others yet! If you can scrounge up the cash I'd get bronze and blue first together. Blue will teach you the fundamentals and bronze will kick your butt. Doesn't matter though, you'll get them all eventually. :D :twisted: :mrgreen:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
Rutter

Post by Rutter »

Well I finally broke down a bought a bronze from ThinkGeek. Luckily 2 day shipping was only a dollar more so in just a few days I'll hopefully be bashing my head against the wall in joyous frustration. :D !!
BR00331 - Working on it
jrainbow83

Post by jrainbow83 »

If I were in your position, I would pre-order the Gold and Red Extreme next (like now!), seeing as the numbers are limited ;) ...and for that reason only, for we all know you will be addicted and if they become unavailable to you, you will kick yourself that you hadn't got them when you had the chance :twisted: - in other circumstances however I would always recommend ordering the Blue and Green together first before the Bronze - but thats just me. Good luck with the Bronze...she's a tricky one! :D
Rutter

Post by Rutter »

All I can say is WOW! These things are awesome. The feel is something you cant even begin to understand until you have it in your hands. I spent a good portion of yesterday working on it and all i have to show for it is a blistered finger and a sore thumb :cry: ..... EXACTLY what I was looking for! :D

EDIT: I also think I need to get a mushroom for my pic. Seems like that's the thing to do :lol:
BR00331 - Working on it
Rutter

Post by Rutter »

To be honest I think I went through the 'swimming pool' yesterday after only about an hour. Now I have no problem getting through that area but I just run into dead ends and traps after it and I have no idea how its even possible. My mental map so far says there's no way. Ahhhh these things are great :mrgreen:
BR00331 - Working on it

Return to “General”