Website Ideas/Features - What would you like to see?

For all general forum discussions.
ReVoMate

Website Ideas/Features - What would you like to see?

Post by ReVoMate »

The most important people are you lot ;) ;)

What would you like to see on the website?

Ideas please!

Regards,

ReVoMate
cdr2289

Re: Website Ideas/Features - What would you like to see?

Post by cdr2289 »

could we get some more photos videos of the manufacturing process? I don't know if the masses dig this stuff; but I love the techie bits on how these things get built ....
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Pictures and video would be great. I'd like to see some sort of update weekly.

The one thing that gets people viewing the site is knowing that next time they go visit, there is going to be something neat and new to view.

Also, having a small red "new" next to a link that contains something new for that week would be really cool.

Also, I know the original plan for the APF was to have part of each RevoSale go into the APF. For the longest time I tracked it nearly everyday. I can tell you everytime it increased and by how much and what puzzle was recently released, etc. I know because of the huge jump that RevoMaster tossed in some non-RevoSales funds to get the fund to a point that was very exciting for us puzzlers. But I miss watching it move.

What happened to the video?

The site also looks dull, but is overwhelmed with information. I'm really good at making websites that are distracting and overwhelming. It takes a skilled person to make an astheticly pleasing and super-funtional website, but I think it would help.

Thats it for now. But I hope we can all start bouncing ideas off each other.

PS. How about getting a gauge on here for RevoGear? You know who wants what. I think a nice collared shirt like this one: XS Shirt, would be fantastic and I'd sport it constantly. I'd take 3 or so in different color schemes and where them ever Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Maybe the "R" and Revomaze on the front, and "the most intriguing puzzle on the planet" "Revomaze" on the back. Heres a couple quick drawings of ideas I have. These, stickers, and pamphlets would be awesome!
Attachments
RevoShirt1.jpg
RevoShirt1.jpg (38.66 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
RevoShirt2.jpg
RevoShirt2.jpg (37.14 KiB) Viewed 8638 times
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

LOVE the shirt idea, less is more, maybe just the R logo .. and some cryptic saying on the back .. excellent idea.
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
maztec

Post by maztec »

I agree with CDR. Make it a simple logo. Maybe an R with tracks and a pin carved into it. The shirt doesn't have to tell people what it is, just make it stand for a product. People will ask the shirt wearer about it and the wearer will then be able to enthuse about the product. Maybe have it literally be a maze that someone could stare at and travel through. Could even add a deeper puzzle to it (or even have a puzzle made up of slight differences between many shirts).

----

This is perhaps against your own interest, but I really am a fan of business transparency. I would love to see an update that says, "Currently shipping [GR00520] Green #520!" or whatever the current top serial code is. Increment it daily or weekly. Maybe even have it as a list showing every puzzle and its current max serial number. Could even be extra-evil and write next to it, "Shipping GR00520; 18 open" So we know top serial shipped AND how many have been opened.
OOOOOOOoo
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

Great ideas on all counts!
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

a live chat lounge would be cool
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I like the idea for photos and video of manufacturing... as an engineer (albeit software) I like all that stuff too. That said, I think being able to see the manufacturing process in detail probably undermines the possibly proprietary methods that are used, not to mention that it could give plenty of clues on how the puzzle works. For me, the first time I went into the Blue I literally had no idea what I was against. My first reaction was to turn the sleeve and see if there were any moving parts there!

On the shirt, I second the "simpler is better"... in design, less is more. This of course applies to the website too, but am happy with it as a user as long as the info is up to date and easy to get to.
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Actually, nevermind... just saw the manufacturing video posted on the FB group page and it more or less is what we were describing... Cool to see the whole manufacturing process. That said, it gives away some things about the [redacted], but I guess you'd only really know what you were looking at if you'd opened it first.
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

do *we* think more should be shown?
the original showed skeptical consumers that it was a highly machined product....maybe further videos should be posted in the cerified open group areas of this forum...each color could have a video that way without disclosure....i would be horrified if "how a bronze is made" was EVER shown..as it is indeed a diffent "Species" than blue and green. ;)
it sounds like *we* are asking:willie wonka for his chocolate recipe,how do you do that houdini,.... :lol:
we are more likely to get Revomasters debit card pin number than to see a video of a revogold... :lol: :lol: :lol:
now we know how they are made....i would like to see the video submissions for the LE silver Revomaze tho! :D
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black