Revomaze Teal (advanced) - designed by prodigy - Now cancelled (maybe still alive???)

For all general forum discussions.
bluedot99

Re: Revomaze Teal (advanced) - designed by prodigy - Now cancelled

Post by bluedot99 »

I am sorry to hear of this news Daniel, you know me I wouldn't have wanted to know anything about it if there was even a 1% chance that it ever gets produced... so no access needed for me!

Sending good vibes for it to be produced by someone... and I will be asking for access to the hidden forum once I solve mine! ;)
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:55 am I am sorry to hear of this news Daniel, you know me I wouldn't have wanted to know anything about it if there was even a 1% chance that it ever gets produced... so no access needed for me!

Sending good vibes for it to be produced by someone... and I will be asking for access to the hidden forum once I solve mine! ;)
Thanks!

Yes, I would have made the same choice :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Here is an update regarding Revomaze Teal.

RevoHQ has noticed your support for Revomaze Teal and thanks to you and your ideas, RevoHQ has promised to review the possibility of e.g. if there’s a way they could take pre-orders for Revomaze Teal from 6 members in the community next year. So there are still some hope for Revomaze Teal to be released by RevoHQ :)

I don’t think I could have expect any better answer from Rachel for the moment due to their current work load with Vaultmaze and Revomaze V4’s.

I received feedback from Daniel Wang that notified me that my design had the wrong scale of 52x27 and normally the size should be 50x28 (normally a wall is ”1 square” and a maze path ”2 squares”). So I have with other words mapped/solved all my mazes during the years with a faulty scale :)

Make it larger isn’t a problem but scale down on the x-axis in this case will be harder (especially due to my lack of CAD knowledge) so yesterday I started with a major re-design. After a whole day of thinking about how to remove two ”squares” on the x-axis I found two places I could do it without risking too much trouble or lose any important features I have now found a good solution. In the same process I couldn’t stop getting new ideas for improvements in the areas I had to scale down / change.

So if you have seen the design and still want to have some challenge to open Revomaze Teal (if it will be released) I advise you to not read the next update in the Teal journey forum. I will of course be happy if some of you choose to read it already in advance and give some feedback if you like the re-design and the additional changes I have done and also what you think is the correct difficulty level for the Revomaze Teal. I am starting to believe it might be 95-100/100 (I still want Revomaze Teal to be a big challenging adventure that is fun to solve with focus on problem solving
Spoiler:
and not too much dexterity
) after the updates but as usual it's really hard to judge this because I've been working on this design for so long.

I hope to have the re-design finished during the weekend and an update in the Teal forum with all the details. Thanks again for all your support and feedback.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

That is great news!
Let’s hope this project can move forward.
I hope to be able to be involved as well!
Have a great Holiday and New Year.
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yffffonz wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:09 pm That is great news!
Let’s hope this project can move forward.
I hope to be able to be involved as well!
Have a great Holiday and New Year.
Thank you! I wish you the same!

At least there are some hope so it will continue to be an enthralling time until we get the final decision from RevoHQ :)

If it will be released I really hope that everyone that wants to pre-order it have the possibility to do so. If it only will be 5 mazes + the prototype it will be too limited but of course better than nothing.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I added a poll on Discord, so I will add it here too (please do only answer one of them):
POLL:
It can be interesting to already now see the number of people who "might be interested" in pre-ordering Revomaze Teal if there was an opportunity to pre-order today (we can maybe send the number to RevoHQ if there are more than 5 as a decision basis)?
Just answer YES here below IF you have not answered the Discord poll and I will also count the answers here from the forum.
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

Already answered on the Discord.
Great that you are including posts there as I’m sure many do not regularly check the forum, if at all.
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Really fun that we now have 33 people wanting Revomaze Teal. I will forward this information to RevoHQ tomorrow. Thank you so much for showing interest in my design!

I have today finished the really big task to do the redesign for version 2.5 of the design. I have addressed the problems that Daniel Wang and Nicolas (nbruno) brought to my attention and it was a larger task than I expected. I have done a major redesign and also started from scratch with a new empty CAD file. I have spent all my waking hours over the last week (with 17-18 hours design work a day so in total around 120 hours) 🙂

I have also made an effort to simplify the design and try to make it as ready as possible for Chris and RevoHQ so they do not need to spend too many hours of CAD translation or trial and error for making my ideas to work. I hope this will make it much easier for them to manufacture the Revomaze Teal if the decision is to do so.

So I will repeat that if you have seen the design and still want to have some challenge to open Revomaze Teal (if it will be released), I advise you to not read the update that I will do (in the Teal journey forum) tomorrow where I will explain all the details for version 2.5. I will of course be happy if some of you choose to read it already in advance and give me some feedback!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I just posted all the design details for Revomaze Teal version 2.5. Please give me some feedback and maybe what you think is the correct rating for Revomaze Teal!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Small progress update!

It has been new Teal progress with even more simplification, improvements and a couple of corrections after my own walkthrough and detailed review of v2.5 together with feedback from forum members. There are more members helping me out with reviewing the design so there will probably be some additional changes/corrections but I believe the Teal design is getting closer and closer to its final version, ready to be submitted to RevoHQ for their final decision.

Return to “General”