Prototype Reveal!

For all general forum discussions.
chris_linnick

Prototype Reveal!

Post by chris_linnick »

Here in roughly 20 minutes (12:00 CST March 4) doing a video chat on discord along with the tester for Emerald. You'll be able to see both Emerald and Sapphire.

There are also size limitations to photos on the forum. For any updates on Sapphire jump on the discord to find out. Thanks!
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
chris_linnick

Re: Prototype Reveal!

Post by chris_linnick »

Thank you to everyone who joined the virtual discord chat! It was good putting faces to names, a few of which I've never seen before.

Attached is the photo I was able to take.

As I mentioned during the virtual chat I will be posting my feedback for Sapphire on discord only. Similar reasoning as to why the tester for emerald put the feedback on discord only (e.g., discord has a larger number of active members, forum file size limitation, etc). But also, as Ali had mentioned I don't want to spend the time duplicating information here.

I hope to solve Sapphire in the next couple of hours. Feedback on Discord will be up later this afternoon.

The tester for Ruby will have spoiler free feedback posted in discord only. I'll keep you guys informed as to when discord is updated so you can pop over and check it out.
Attachments
Gemstone_Meeting_3.jpg
Gemstone_Meeting_3.jpg (326.94 KiB) Viewed 19604 times
Looking to purchase:
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

Its dissapointing to hear that updates to Revomazes and the tester feedback is going to be on Discord only.
Escaped: SP AQ TQ BU EM GR BR AG TI GM CU MT BL v1 GR BU Mini OR IN PE
Trapped in:AU LM HM RU SA
Waiting on:
Looking for: BL v2 PU
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

What do you mean updates to Revomazes?

And the testers are providing feedback to revo HQ directly on the respective puzzle. And regarding public feedback, that’s just my personal choice. I just don’t want to make several posts and answer questions on discord, and then spend the time to copy the information over here.
Looking to purchase:
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Chris I don’t understand your unrelenting “war” against the forums. Really? Do you need that much attention that it bothers you if people come and post here?

Only posting on Discord and coming here to disrupt this community by saying so in an attempt to draw attention to Discord is low. I don’t think prodigy or the forums deserve that. Way out of line and disappointing to say the least. Prodigy is too nice a person to speak up over it, but I’m not going to stay silent at your every attempt to undermine the forums either with messages on Discord or here.

The forums have proven to be the best repository for information, Discord is the best for chat and connecting real-time. In all honesty THIS is the better medium for a progress thread so you don’t have to repeat yourself as you suggest.

Happy to interact with real time issues on Discord but actually posting interesting to reference in the future information is better served here.
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I don't understand either but I will personally try to copy the feedback and post it here on the forum. The feedback from the testers is information that should be shared both on Discord and the forum. RevoHQ always share their information on both places and the same should be applied for the test feedback.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Apolgogies, especially to prodigy and bluedot. that was worded poorly.

Unfortunately with work and family I barely have enough time for puzzles, barely discord. As the admin and creator discord is my priority. That doesn’t mean one is more important than the other. But just noting that I don’t have the time to keep both up to date. Rather than not posting anything to the forum I thought it would best to at least inform everyone that reviews were in discord.

Reviewers/people are free to post wherever. I know there has just been a lot of information on discord that people on the forum have missed out on. There are a lot of recent posts on the forum that’s not on discord and vice versa. Not everything will be on both social medias. Don’t think it’s practical to have everything on both. For instance, the historical info prodigy posted. Just trying to inform forum members of what’s going on at discord so they don’t miss out on important information is all. Not trying to step on the forum. Sorry if I offended.
Looking to purchase:
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

prodigy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:06 pm I don't understand either but I will personally try to copy the feedback and post it here on the forum. The feedback from the testers is information that should be shared both on Discord and the forum. RevoHQ always share their information on both places and the same should be applied for the test feedback.
I don’t think reviewers should have to post on here. I dont think they should have to post on discord. I think they can post wherever they want. They can post to the Facebook group if they’d like. My goal is to keep everyone updated as best as possible for all to enjoy while running the discord. But I don’t want to mandate certain posts to certain forms of media. Just my two cents.
Looking to purchase:
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

chris_linnick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:40 am
prodigy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:06 pm I don't understand either but I will personally try to copy the feedback and post it here on the forum. The feedback from the testers is information that should be shared both on Discord and the forum. RevoHQ always share their information on both places and the same should be applied for the test feedback.
I don’t think reviewers should have to post on here. I dont think they should have to post on discord. I think they can post wherever they want. They can post to the Facebook group if they’d like. My goal is to keep everyone updated as best as possible for all to enjoy while running the discord. But I don’t want to mandate certain posts to certain forms of media. Just my two cents.
Sounds reasonable, but I hope and think they will post on both due to this is information that we want to read and historically we have seen feedback from prototype tests of different mazes.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
krang

Post by krang »

I guess you can ask them to copy comments into one form or the other and clearly mark them as comments from person x from source y. Then nobody is left behind :)

/e: you can even think of implementing a phpbb <-> discord bot to make things easier for e.g. announcements and make it easier to keep everybody in the loop. Maybe easier for HQ as well
Open: [ .: Aqua .:. Turquoise .:. Blue .:. Green .:. Titanium :. ]
Working on: [ .: Mint :. ]
Not started: [ .: - :. ]

Return to “General”