Three new Revomazes 2022, what do you think?

For all general forum discussions.
prodigy

Three new Revomazes 2022, what do you think?

Post by prodigy »

I thought it could be fun to speculate and collect information about the new Revomazes announced for 2022.

What colors will it be? Do we need another beginner maze and where should it be in the range?
Social Media Announcement Graphic.png
Social Media Announcement Graphic.png (153.59 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Re: Three new Revomazes 2022, what do you think?

Post by prodigy »

I can just start with the beginner maze. Today we already have three of them; Aqua (30/100), Turquoise (40/100) and Blue (50/100).

I think it is enough of beginner mazes already and that we don't need more of them, but now when we will get another one I hope it will be a little bit harder than Blue and I think it had be fun with a dynamic beginner maze. Hopefully 55/100 then. It could be something that you can spot and understand easily but you still need to solve a simple problem with dynamic parts.

I guess the color will be in the same range as the current beginner mazes.

Always fun with new mazes to solve and map and it is normally not any trouble and surprises with and beginner maze during manufacturing face, so I think this one will be released as planned.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I am curious to see how beginner it will be as well. Aqua, Turquoise, Blue already seem like a good progression so not sure what trick this one could introduce other than a simple dynamic element as you suggest. Will be interesting to see for sure. For color maybe something that is a deeper blue?

The intermediate has the potential to be the best of the lot in my mind. Simply because making an advanced puzzle that is good is very difficult. Too easy for the solution to be esoteric and having that be why its hard, or too easy for a given mechanism to be finicky. If done right though, advanced is what I’m most interested in.

I think the intermediate one could introduce either a new mechanism that we don’t know yet in a simpler form, or maybe combine 2 that we know but in a simpler way than advanced does. My bet is that this one is the new red one. I’m hoping the color is different enough from the original though, so they can be told apart on my shelf!

For me the advanced will be the one I’m hoping for being the most novel. I guess we’ll see, but it would be nice to have a new type of mechanism that confounds us! I think color should be something special, maybe some kind of double or triple anodized color fading into each other like this which goes purple, red, gold?
E47A96D1-36C4-4BCE-9F21-687E9F5392E8.jpeg
E47A96D1-36C4-4BCE-9F21-687E9F5392E8.jpeg (126.74 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
Exciting times, hope that testing and development go well for these! It’ll be an interesting 2022 if we can get some of these this year!
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Have there been rumors about a new Red? But a nice red color could be great, I really like the olde Red color.

I just hope it will not be a new maze with similar problems as Grey had. Due to both Mint, Orange, Bronze are intermediate, I agree that this one has potential to be the best maze. Hopefully it will tell us a story and or have different areas to discover. I really like that.

I have big hopes also for the advanced maze due to I really like hard puzzles (as long as you can solve them without guessing). We have so many fantastic advanced puzzles released (Indigo, Silver, Salmon, Lime and Handmade) so I hope Chris has another fantastic puzzle for us.

I just hope we will not have another shade of gray :)

It feels like Chris so far has been able to have something new (problem/mechanism) for us in almost all released puzzles (at least for intermediate and advanced). I think we will see that again.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Have there been rumors about a new Red?
When CP was interviewed by Chris/RevoDeity he mentioned Red being a color he wanted to do again as it was very requested. So the thought is one of these will be some shade of Red. The intermediate makes most sense to me, as it’ll likely be the one in the lot that can be made to sell the most so having it be the most popular color makes sense. I think the advanced do well when they have weird unique colors, which is why I was thinking maybe a faded anodized version could be a thing.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:35 am When CP was interviewed by Chris/RevoDeity he mentioned Red being a color he wanted to do again as it was very requested. So the thought is one of these will be some shade of Red. The intermediate makes most sense to me, as it’ll likely be the one in the lot that can be made to sell the most so having it be the most popular color makes sense.
Yes that makes sense and I think this is a really good prediction. I hope we now will see another Red Revomaze then. I maybe should re-watch the interview once again.

One disadvantage with the advanced puzzles is the price and the Revomazes have now been really expensive for me with the extra taxes and penalty fees that I have to pay to import the puzzles. Too bad RevoHQ have not been able to offer DDP shipping yet.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Now we at least now the names/colors: Sapphire, Emerald and Ruby. I like the names but the colors on the picture looks almost like old mazes so that is a little disappointing. Maybe they will look different in real life but I am glad we didn't get a new shade of gray.
Sapphire, Emerald & Ruby.png
Sapphire, Emerald & Ruby.png (414.05 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
I hoped to get some details of the puzzles before they were released but I guess it will be at the same time. We will get more information tomorrow.

In one way I had hoped RevoHQ had wait with the orders until they were tested and produced. It could now end with pre-orders and years of delays if the testers find problems that need a re-design. I guess all depends on how complex the designs are.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I agree that the colors are the same as V1, especially blue and green look identical to the original shades which were darker than what they are now but match these “new” ones. The red maybe looks lighter/brighter but is pretty close as well.

I too wish they had waited for preorders until the beta testing was under way or almost done. There is no way to know if these will take months or years now and that’s not a great feeling. Hopefully testing goes well and there are minimal/no issues.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yes the Red looks a little different I agree and that is kind of nice due to the normal Red was limited and rare.

As I understand it it is only the advanced maze that is beta tested or is it also the intermediate?
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I can see that the advanced puzzle has a price tag at £300, so more expensive than Lime, Gray and Indigo. I guess that can reflect how advanced the puzzle is. Only Copper and Salmon is more expensive and we all know how complex the Salmon is :)

Return to “General”