RevoHQ History

For all general forum discussions.
prodigy

Re: RevoHQ History

Post by prodigy »

I addad Ruby. I will finish the text after it has been released.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

Thanks for your efforts.
This is a greatly appreciated resource!
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thanks Yffffonz!

I have now added Collectors Set information. As usual, please let me know if you have additional information that can be interesting to add.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

Thanks for putting all of this together ❤

You could add that there actually have been more Purple mazes made after the original 20.
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Aldan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:40 am Thanks for putting all of this together ❤

You could add that there actually have been more Purple mazes made after the original 20.
Thanks!

Can you give me more information about the Purple?

As far as I know this is the case:

Original:
- 2 went to the competition winners (Series Code Solvers)
- 10 to the lottery winners
- 2 to Chris and Nigel for their work on the forum
- 1 prototype was sold from the Revomaze History Collection
=> ORIGINAL 14 (+1)

Later:
- 6 puzzles were sold on commission

So in total 20 Purple exists plus the prototype.

So my question is what do you mean by the original 20? And are there more made after these 20?

Chris guaranteed and promised in October 2018 that no more Purple, Black or Black Merc should ever be produced due to they were "Limited Edition"s.
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

prodigy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:02 am So my question is what do you mean by the original 20? And are there more made after these 20?

Chris guaranteed and promised in October 2018 that no more Purple, Black or Black Merc should ever be produced due to they were "Limited Edition"s.
Yes, they made 8 additional Purple Revos. These are the ones they sent out at around March 2021. Mine is one of this batch.
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Aldan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 am
prodigy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:02 am So my question is what do you mean by the original 20? And are there more made after these 20?

Yes, they made 8 additional Purple Revos. These are the ones they sent out at around March 2021. Mine is one of this batch.
WOW! I guess both Black and Black Merc will have new batches then due to that promise/guarantee was broken. Thanks for the information. I will do the update now and also update the info on the main page.

Are there any limited puzzles any longer or are all under the category "Special Edition"?

From the post from Chris October, 2018:
ReVoMaster wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:24 pm ...
Now we now know what we should have done as it has become very clear there are four types of sale:
3) Limited Edition - Puzzles that are fixed in quantity with an undertaking there are to be no more made by the manufacture (us). These should be marked LE and are usually just 20 in number.
The original Black metal has 20 puzzles sold by me for £50 each. I had and original prototype, Michael had the sign-off BK-00LE and the engineers had one for their display at the factory. I will guarantee no more V1 Blacks will ever be made. These will be valuable in the future.

The same goes for the recent Merc Black whereas I am making just 20. These differ as they have a Aqua Blasted finish over the shinny original Black. I will not make any more of these, guaranteed. They are all sold!
Purple! Two went to the competition winners, 10 to the lottery winners and Chris and Nigel for their work on the forum and was free. 6 puzzles were sold on commission making the total 20. I will NOT be making any more of these.

Handmade - these can be made to order. The mini is the same. Both are now rare requests.
So I have to respect Limited means Limited and will guarantee this on the Black, Merc Black, Purple.
So here is what is available:
Limited Edition (Fixed number that WILL NOT BE RE-RELEASED)
15) Original Black
16) Merc Black
17) Purple
Kindest regards
Chris
For me personally it isn't a problem that more are made due to it is just good that more people can enjoy great puzzles. I also think it is great that Chris can make some money from these puzzles, but maybe there shouldn't be any of these promises given due to that many of us have paid too much money for something that later wasn't worth more than 15% of what we paid.
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Hi all,

a promise, special a promise in business, is something which built the trust for the future. To break this promise is in my opinion same bad as a fraud / scam / criminal acting just with the different that the breaker of a promise usual dont go to jail.

Peter Wendlandt
Last edited by pewetools on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

There have been several discussions about this in the last years.

I for once don't like the idea of limited, never beeing produced again puzzles. That's why I'm quite happy to had the chance and get a purple. Keep in mind the official price for this one was 2.000 pounds without VAT :o So they definitly honored the rareness of Purple by this.

I think the original Black and the Black Merc are the only 2 where he actually is not going to make another batch.

But who knows...
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Aldan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:12 pm There have been several discussions about this in the last years.

I for once don't like the idea of limited, never beeing produced again puzzles. That's why I'm quite happy to had the chance and get a purple. Keep in mind the official price for this one was 2.000 pounds without VAT :o So they definitly honored the rareness of Purple by this.

I think the original Black and the Black Merc are the only 2 where he actually is not going to make another batch.

But who knows...
Yes I don't either think Black and Black Merc will be made again and both are available as Obsessions so at least easier to find.

I like that the price was in the level as the market and with that information it feels more OK and that it was handled in a good way even if I don't think a promise should be broken, I can understand it and I also like that Chris got some money for it. The most important thing here is that Chris can keep deliver new puzzles and fulfill old orders. I want new puzzles to solve and I want that as many persons out there should be able to solve as many Revomazes as possible.

Return to “General”