The forum has died

For all general forum discussions.
dasrevo

Re: The forum has died

Post by dasrevo »

prodigy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:18 pm Thanks for your support! I hope Discord and this forum can coexist. Discord for a quick chat and forum for better and more fun progress report together with different topics that we can discuss!
Good luck man, you are imho the perfect candidate to administer this board! The original board admins are gone, the only admin left is Revogirl.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

dasrevo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 pm Good luck man, you are imho the perfect candidate to administer this board! The original board admins are gone, the only admin left is Revogirl.

Yes I guess it is only RevoGirl left here. Too bad but I like it here anyway. The admins etc should also be updated so you understand who to contact if needed.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

prodigy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:01 pm
dasrevo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 pm Good luck man, you are imho the perfect candidate to administer this board! The original board admins are gone, the only admin left is Revogirl.

Yes I guess it is only RevoGirl left here. Too bad but I like it here anyway. The admins etc should also be updated so you understand who to contact if needed.
As long as you will stay here, with your enthusiasm and love for puzzles in general, I try to stay here as long as I can too 😀👍
Regarding Discord: I completely agree with you there!! It seems that new generations are able to filter **** from gold much better, but to me Discord is just a direct chat platform and no matter how much they try to improve it using bots and channels, pinning etcetera, it will never beat a forum like this for the purpose of sharing guides etcetera.
I think that phpbb has seen its glory days already, there are maybe better alternatives, but Discord genuinely is and will never be a replacement of the stuff you find and share here, where you can read where and whenever you feel like it AND the amount of trolling done here is at a very bare minimum. That has to do with great moderations, so to all moderators and admins who were very alive here, who have now left us: thank you for building and maintaining this great community!!! 👍

It is a pity that imho the revomaze development is going into a direction I dont like, a direction of inferior quality, inferior design and not listening enough to the community, so I hope that will change and if, I will get back to solving and buying revomazes and sharing and learning from the community, feeling the amazement of an awesome core when finally opening a tricky puzzle, because quite honestly, when I open a V3 I think: why this inferior quality? I am sorry, I don’t want to be so negative, but I simply find the current revomaze quality not good enough.
But maybe the audience has changed and the current audience is completely satisfied, but then I am not part of the audience anymore.

I and alot of other are willing to pay for quality, gladly and considering the fact that the CNC machining industry has evolved alot, there must be tons of machinists and experts out there who can create awesome revomazes. With all due respect: the current revomazes are not that complex that only a handful of people in this world are able to make them. If that is true, then I feel sorry for the cnc industry …. let us hope that quality design and manufacturing will win!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

dasrevo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm As long as you will stay here, with your enthusiasm and love for puzzles in general, I try to stay here as long as I can too 😀👍
Sounds great, lets hope we can get this up and running again in a good way. Lets hope for a good answer from RevoGirl!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

I personally love this forum. This is where my interest in Revomazes truly blossomed. I hope it can stay afloat. That being said, the discord does get more foot traffic and the user interface, IMHO, is more user friendly.
Opened: Blue, Green, Mint, Bronze, Aqua, Indigo, Orange, Red Obsession, Turquoise, Grey, Gunmetal, Titanium, Sapphire, Blue Mini, Silver, Purple, Blue Pro Obsession, Emerald
WIP: Lime
Shelf: Salmon, Copper, Gold, Ruby, Peach, Black Obsession V2, Handmade, Black Obsession V1
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Hi dasrevo,

you are right with everything which you wrote in general and I agree.

Also I agree about your writting regarding the mazes and CNC. It is not complicate at all. I am producing with partners high accuracy measurement equipment (in China) and we are using modern machines of Traub Index from Germany. Three years ago, after a lot of delay of my ordered puzzles (it seems that "delay" is a permanent problem since many many many years), I offered Chris that I can produce for him and that it take not more than 10 minutes for a maze and a sleeve. I am pretty sure that I can produce 5000 puzzle every month for him if he want. Maybe he is afraid that we copy his stuff but to say it clear, if somebody want to copy........... this is not a problem at all.......... I can give this job to an apprentice who is picking up all the measurement with a FARO 3D laser scanner and then of course an egineer has to make the final adjustments but then.......

But it is what it is and so let us stay in hope that everything become better.

Best regards
Peter
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

pewetools wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:09 am Hi dasrevo,

you are right with everything which you wrote in general and I agree.

Also I agree about your writting regarding the mazes and CNC. It is not complicate at all. I am producing with partners high accuracy measurement equipment (in China) and we are using modern machines of Traub Index from Germany. Three years ago, after a lot of delay of my ordered puzzles (it seems that "delay" is a permanent problem since many many many years), I offered Chris that I can produce for him and that it take not more than 10 minutes for a maze and a sleeve. I am pretty sure that I can produce 5000 puzzle every month for him if he want. Maybe he is afraid that we copy his stuff but to say it clear, if somebody want to copy........... this is not a problem at all.......... I can give this job to an apprentice who is picking up all the measurement with a FARO 3D laser scanner and then of course an egineer has to make the final adjustments but then.......

But it is what it is and so let us stay in hope that everything become better.

Best regards
Peter
Hi Peter!
Very nice to read this reply of yours!
I also hope that it will become better. It is not that there is a lack of people offering to help.
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

JackBauer wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:49 am I personally love this forum. This is where my interest in Revomazes truly blossomed. I hope it can stay afloat. That being said, the discord does get more foot traffic and the user interface, IMHO, is more user friendly.
Hi Jack,

Thanks for sharing and good to hear that your interest blossomed here!
As for the user-interface: I think you can’t compare Discord to a Forum and it is also a matter of personal taste of course, so if it works for you, that is super and you also state that you hope that this Forum can stay afloat, so that is super.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

It looks like the forum software will be upgraded/replaced with a new one so let's hope that will make a difference and solves the current problems with posting and notifications. I don't know when that will happen bur good to know that it will happen at least. :D
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

prodigy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:47 pm It looks like the forum software will be upgraded/replaced with a new one so let's hope that will make a difference and solves the current problems with posting and notifications. I don't know when that will happen bur good to know that it will happen at least. :D
Let us hope for the best!

Return to “General”