The forum has died

For all general forum discussions.
prodigy

Re: The forum has died

Post by prodigy »

dasrevo wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:28 pm Agree, but imho people should focus on other puzzles.
Yes this might mean that I will quit with Revomaze solving or I can just continue on my own but it is always more fun to discuss the different mazes etc. I have loved this fora, loved to help other members with their solving and that have been amazing fun during many years.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

That's a sad development. It's strange that the forum is abandoned just like that. The Revo team could at least make a clear statement about this then (and if they would choose to work with only Discord, to communicate that as well).
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Amlux wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:42 pm That's a sad development. It's strange that the forum is abandoned just like that. The Revo team could at least make a clear statement about this then (and if they would choose to work with only Discord, to communicate that as well).
Yes I agree. It feels more and more that it isn't fun to solve the mazes on my own without any possibility to discuss the progress, design and problems with anyone. I must for sure think about this for a week or so, but without this forum I might sell all my pre-orders.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Don’t give up hope yet. I’ll follow up and see if I can become an admin here as well. Spread my annoying enthusiasm ;)

Why else do you think it’s died down? Lack of events planned like the competition for purple?

Less people on here because they’ve been turned away back unfulfilled back orders like Salmon?
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

chris_linnick wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:11 pm Don’t give up hope yet. I’ll follow up and see if I can become an admin here as well. Spread my annoying enthusiasm ;)

Why else do you think it’s died down? Lack of events planned like the competition for purple?

Less people on here because they’ve been turned away back unfulfilled back orders like Salmon?
It would be awesome if there would be a new competition, but I believe most important is finishing the backorders first.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

chris_linnick wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:11 pm Don’t give up hope yet. I’ll follow up and see if I can become an admin here as well. Spread my annoying enthusiasm ;)

I think the main reason is lack of new Revomazes and the problems with Salmon. I guess that many people also jumped over to Discord and have replaced this forum with that.

Sounds great if you could be admin here too. Thanks, maybe this will save me then and the fun with Revomazes will still be here!
rockwoofstone

Post by rockwoofstone »

My own view is that the forum fulfils a quite different function than the Discord server. Discord is good for ongoing chat, but doesn't have any really useful method for browsing for specific conversations (i.e. as with different subjects in each sub-forum). Using Discord for reference of historical discussions is a real pain. You can of course search in the Discord, but all you're getting back is specific chat entries, rather than entire threads related to what you're after.

By all means, keep the Discord going, but please keep the forums maintained too - they do a very different job! Plus, we have the "locked" areas here for those who've completed the puzzles.
IN PROGRESS: AG - GY
CLOSED: HM - LI - SA - RU
OPENED: AQ - BU - GR - MT - BR - CU - TI - IN - GM - OR
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

rockwoofstone wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:01 pm My own view is that the forum fulfils a quite different function than the Discord server. Discord is good for ongoing chat, but doesn't have any really useful method for browsing for specific conversations (i.e. as with different subjects in each sub-forum). Using Discord for reference of historical discussions is a real pain. You can of course search in the Discord, but all you're getting back is specific chat entries, rather than entire threads related to what you're after.

By all means, keep the Discord going, but please keep the forums maintained too - they do a very different job! Plus, we have the "locked" areas here for those who've completed the puzzles.
Just an FYI - discord has locked channels for people who have completed the various puzzles as well.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

Yes, I saw some nice maps in the Blue open channel on Discord already.
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

Amlux wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:34 pm Yes, I saw some nice maps in the Blue open channel on Discord already.
I know I'm very late to the party, recently, and am not familiar with Discord at all. Is there a link or address or name to the Discord room (is that what they call it) for Revomaze?

Thanks,

v

Return to “General”