New Release

For all general forum discussions.
Amlux

Re: New Release

Post by Amlux »

Call me naive or whatever, but to me it seems that RevoHQ wanted Grey to be a - pleasant - surprise to everyone (both old and new customers) and therefore deliberately not mentioned it on the forum, nor on Discord or anywhere else (also think they didn't want to wait till after Halloween, because it fits the theme perfectly).

I'm not sure here, but it sounds like they did take into account the specific wishes from old customers for specific SN's (reserving the lower numbers), they just didn't communicate it upfront to not spoil the surprise of the release. I think the response from the old community is a whole lot different than they may have expected.

Then again, I'm still a newbie just discovering the Revomazes and community. So I don't know what all happened in the past.
BTW I like both the forum and Discord. For me personally Discord works easier to e.g. discuss and share progress on Bronze, but both have pros and cons.

My experience with RevoHQ is actually very good as they responded very fast when I had some issues with the V3 core. They also resolved it very well imo. But I understand this experience varies from person to person (probably depending on the topic).

Anyways, Grey is not on my list yet (did Blue and now Bronze) but I hope it'll be a great experience for the people that bought it.

Take care!
Brassassin

Re: New Release

Post by Brassassin »

I can understand the feelings of the collectors. I think they make a fair point, depending on wether or not their usual SN’s have been reserved.
I do think your interpretation of events is a great, and benign, one.
I was very pleasantly surprised by this new Revo as well. For a moment I thought “What if I had missed this?” It seems that wasn’t necessary though, as there are still Greys available at this moment.
It is great to be surprised like this!
Now, if they would only surprise me with Salmon the same way...
And Chris, even though I am not a Discord user, I can only applaud your efforts for this community.
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM

Return to “General”