Revomaze Discord

For all general forum discussions.
Aldan

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by Aldan »

dasrevo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 pm If something with chatroom functionality is going to be used, why not go oldskool and use IRC as ALOT of the ppl here are older than 40 ;-)

/join #revohq
Those where the days! :D 8-)
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Aldan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:55 pm
dasrevo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 pm If something with chatroom functionality is going to be used, why not go oldskool and use IRC as ALOT of the ppl here are older than 40 ;-)

/join #revohq
Those where the days! :D 8-)
Yeah and you can relive them 😎
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

My mind is still 30 years old though.. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

I was big into irc. Discord is a great platform and does a good job as a chat platform. Give it a chance!
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
CptBlood

Post by CptBlood »

I really love the forum. It has some charm. I mean the fourm is a part of the solving experience of the Revomazes. Just think about the long progress threads. I really enjoyed reading them trying to find a hidden tip. Furthermore is a nice to read about the thoughts and evil things which wont let you pregess further which other stumbled apon and you find them later too.
Dont think that someone would scroll a whole discord chat up to read the first post of that channel. On the otherhand I think that you will get a resonse sooner from Discord if you need any help. Discord could be a replacement for Facebook for people who dont like or have facebook.
But I would stick with the forum for 100%
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

CptBlood wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:02 pm On the otherhand I think that you will get a resonse sooner from Discord if you need any help.
Why will you get faster replies on Discord compared to this Forum? You have the notifications here too and you will be notified directly if you want.

I don't see that you really need to get the answer in an hour. It is just healthy to wait until next day to get your answer. Then you meanwhile can visit friends, spend time with your family etc and continue with the puzzle next day or just use the time to think some more on your own.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
CptBlood

Post by CptBlood »

prodigy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 pm
CptBlood wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:02 pm On the otherhand I think that you will get a resonse sooner from Discord if you need any help.
Why will you get faster replies on Discord compared to this Forum? You have the notifications here too and you will be notified directly if you want.
I can see your point. But you dont get notification if someone send you a PM. If that would possible the forum would be nearly perfect. If we could upload pictures with more than 500 kb would be great too. I mean we dont look every 10 minutes in the Forum to check if someone send you a PM (at least I hope so :? )
As a small side note: I would recommend to read the ToS and privacy agreement from discord.
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

CptBlood wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:50 pm I can see your point. But you dont get notification if someone send you a PM. If that would possible the forum would be nearly perfect.
I don't know if it has been de-activated but in november last year I could get email notifications (e.g. an answer in a specific thread). I guess it must be possible to activate that again and e-mail notifications when you get a PM.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Seriously, stay away from Discord and use IRC, large file support, rooms support, private chat. Everything!! And made in a time where privacy mattered and was not something you have to fight for, it was a commodity.
Shady ToS and Agreements is a thing of this era, where shady money obsessed people have been sneaking into the lovely world of technology, which should have been restricted to people with a “I want to know” attitude instead of a “I want to own” attitude.
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

I think both have their pros and cons. There's a lot of unique things that Discord can offer that could make for some fun opportunities. Either way, excited to see whats to come.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com

Return to “General”