Revomaze Discord

For all general forum discussions.
BBloke

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by BBloke »

dasrevo wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 am
BBloke wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:28 am There are plus points for both platforms but I think the forums serve a better role for puzzlers than discord. Maybe utilising URL links in discord linking to forum posts serve a better experience for all.

I'd be happy to throw my cap in the ring for helping fix the issues on the forum. I've worked with phpbb for plenty enough years and I've been an in-house web developer for work for a long time.
That would be awesome! There must have be made mistakes when migrating the board to a newer version. Sometimes you also get db errors, it seems the database has not been properly migrated.

When deleting posts, this clearly shows database migration failures:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'post_id' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Clearly because the board was migrated, the database was not. The database structure is inconsistent with the current phpbb version. They need to simply run some migration scripting and in the future RTFM!!!
IIRC, there was a forum crash and a re-setup which caused some attachments and images to become lost or disjointed. As posting does work albeit with server 500. There could be a plugin or change to the posting prog that's causing the error. It would just need to be looked at (plugins and code for posting) to see if there is a quick and reliable fix. If all else fails, check the error and put back what is missing. Looks like a column is missing from a table in the database. I would think post_id is required throughout the main forum setup but maybe it's missing becuase a whole table is missing (from a plugin)! You jsut never know.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
dasrevo

Re: Revomaze Discord

Post by dasrevo »

Well, post_id is a mandatory column for the default posts mechanism, so if you ask me, there is something quite broken.

The 500 error and white screen can be cause by a lock problem, for which a fix exists, but of course it can be any server error.

Hope that they let you try and fix it bbloke, would be very nice!

Return to “General”