Want a Revomaze!

For all general forum discussions.
Gazza19

Want a Revomaze!

Post by Gazza19 »

Hi,
New to the forum. I’m a seasoned mechanical puzzler but never tried a Revomaze. But I want to rectify that, anyone have preferably a blue or bronze for sale? Others will be considered also.
mereacregrigore18

Re: Want a Revomaze!

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

Definitely go for Bronze!
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Indeed
Go big or go home :lol:
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Hi Gazza19,

dont listen to the experts! They are profis and playing Revomaze minimum 25hours a day and when they want also additional the lunch break. When you start to drive a car, you dont buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini to learn if driving is fun for you - right?

You have two choices:

1. you start with the recommended Bronze and you will be desparate very fast
or
2. you listen to me and you start with a beginner puzzle (Aqua) and because this, you will continue Revomaze and you will have a nice hobby for many years

Best regards
Peter
mereacregrigore18

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

I would have to second that. Bronze was my first revomaze. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I feel like it has ruined the other mazes for me - at least the easier ones. After seeing the core and why it's a dynamic puzzle I know that the beginner revo's won't be nearly as challenging. The bronze also took me longer because it was my first revomaze. Those small baby steps in the learning curve, such as how to start/enter the maze, what the trap feels like and the wall, etc. I have to learn along with advanced techniques.

Then you run into the other problem - you're immediately hooked solving bronze. ha. It's by far my favorite puzzle now. The problem is that revomazes are so hard to come by. Even with actively pursuing on Discord, facebook, reddit, AND ebay I'm still not having much luck at all. Hopefully you should be able to come across the beginner puzzles easier than the more advanced.

That being said, anyone looking to sell their revomaze? :lol: :D
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
andysnook

Post by andysnook »

I started with Bronze, it’s totally possible. But if I was doing it again, I’d do at least one of the other mazes first. Blue and Green are the traditional progression before Bronze.

They both teach you about what Revomaze is about. So when you get to bronze you’ll be familiar with how it generally goes, and can concentrate on the special surprise that bronze has for you :)
Solved: BU02389 BR02257 IN00114 GR01967 AQ01088 GM00062 CU00062
In Progress: OR00160
On Hold: LM30230
Boxed: SILVER SA00017
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

I agree to a point. What was said to me specifically was "if you think you will only buy one revomaze, get Bronze"

And I concur with that. They are not cheap and for someone looking to maximize their pocketbook Bronze is the way to go, being solvable to a new entrant but requiring a lot of dedication to understand it resulting in an amazing moment when completed.

I've had a few people solve blue and not want to try others simply because "it would be way too much money for the challenge presented" for them to invest in a revomaze. And they loose interest.

Going simply off puzzling hours to cost Blue doesn't offer the same kind of awesome momey to playtime ratio Bronze does.
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
andysnook

Post by andysnook »

ghxost wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:46 pm I agree to a point. What was said to me specifically was "if you think you will only buy one revomaze, get Bronze"

Going simply off puzzling hours to cost Blue doesn't offer the same kind of awesome momey to playtime ratio Bronze does.
You know what, I can’t really argue with that! :)
Solved: BU02389 BR02257 IN00114 GR01967 AQ01088 GM00062 CU00062
In Progress: OR00160
On Hold: LM30230
Boxed: SILVER SA00017

Return to “General”