Why I stopped with Revomazes

For all general forum discussions.
dasrevo

Why I stopped with Revomazes

Post by dasrevo »

This post is a healthwarning for everybody solving Revomazes.
While playing alot with Revomazes and probably with too much tension in my hands I developed a chronic pain in my fingers that prevents me from playing with revomazes at all. Rotating the core a bit and giving some counter pressure is already too much.
But not only that, also unscrewing a bottlecap hurts like hell.
And believe me, if havent touched a revomaze for a few months now.

Therefore I stop and I want to say to you all: use the trainer, ALWAYS!! Or, if you experience pain: STOP immediately and really wait before it goes away.

To RevoHQ: I would say, put a health notice in each shipment AND ship a free trainer and urge people to use it, or modify the puzzle in such a way that the nut is bigger or has a better and healthier shape.
ghxost

Re: Why I stopped with Revomazes

Post by ghxost »

Warnings are good but any physical activity taken too far without proper training and rest is going to lead to long term problems

Rest alone is not enough either. If major fatigue and pain happen more things like stretching and muscle training (other than just your revomaze) will help too

First time I snowboard for the year I end up hurting weeks. Sometimes a lot longer. Muscles not used to being tormented put through hours of torture...can lead to injury easily, very easily...

End of the boarding season, 1 day tops recovery.

Just takes conditioning and self awareness IMO just like any other strenuous activity. Yes, revoing is strenuous...

Cheers and I hope you recover..
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

ghxost wrote:Warnings are good but any physical activity taken too far without proper training and rest is going to lead to long term problems

Rest alone is not enough either. If major fatigue and pain happen more things like stretching and muscle training (other than just your revomaze) will help too

First time I snowboard for the year I end up hurting weeks. Sometimes a lot longer. Muscles not used to being tormented put through hours of torture...can lead to injury easily, very easily...

End of the boarding season, 1 day tops recovery.

Just takes conditioning and self awareness IMO just like any other strenuous activity. Yes, revoing is strenuous...

Cheers and I hope you recover..
Thanks! I agree, but when you are totally in the zone with something, you forget what your body is telling you. Because with the Revomaze you sometimes need to stress your fingers abnormally (in certain difficult parts), I believe that more people get what I am having. But then again, you are right, you always have to watch out. But from the HQ side, it is possible to prevent this more, that is my opinion too. Adding a trainer as a standard option and clearly stating how important it is to use it can help. Or, instead of the dreaded nut, create something like a wheel with spokes.
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

I always thought that there should be a knurled circular end on the Revomase not the hard on your fingers six sided hex.. A round end would be easier to hold on to and you could machine a few slots into it so that a training aid could slip on and help in turning the end therefore, decreasing the stress on you fingers.. With Chris's new machine this would be a simple task.. I think that the Revo wouldn't look that bad either with the straight or cross hatch pattern of the knurl. KIRK

KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Kirk, I love that!!
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Kirk2000 wrote:I always thought that there should be a knurled circular end on the Revomase not the hard on your fingers six sided hex.. A round end would be easier to hold on to and you could machine a few slots into it so that a training aid could slip on and help in turning the end therefore, decreasing the stress on you fingers.. With Chris's new machine this would be a simple task.. I think that the Revo wouldn't look that bad either with the straight or cross hatch pattern of the knurl. KIRK

Good idea!

Return to “General”