What is a V3?

For all general forum discussions.
Kirk2000

Re: What is a V3?

Post by Kirk2000 »

My certificate was in the box. There is one in the maze if you take it apart? Enlighten me..
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

Yes, if you take it apart you get the certificate which is between the brass maze and the stainless steel core. It's a smaller version of the V1 certificates.
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

I am getting a little bit confused on the differences between V1 and V3. As I understand it, the new V3 cores are made of a stainless steel body and a brass maze, right?
After seeing some pics of what the newer brass cores look like after opening, I get worried that the brass might be too soft for regular Revo operation.
My V1 cores all don’t look like that, and I believe I do use quite a lot of force sometimes.

Does anyone know what material the old V1 cores were made of? I thought brass, but chrome plated? Is that correct?
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

Almost, brass nickel plated.
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

I think they might want to consider nickelplating the current V3 brass mazes for added strength. If indeed the maze deforms too easy with stuff like wall hugging.
But then again, there are issues with plating as well sometimes, although I have had no issues with that myself so far.
Until now I have only solved V1 mazes.
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM

Return to “General”