A request for some advice

For all general forum discussions.
JackBauer

A request for some advice

Post by JackBauer »

This might sound silly but this is an actual problem I have been experiencing. I need some advice on how to put this thing down and go to sleep. :shock:
Opened: Blue, Green, Mint, Bronze, Aqua, Indigo, Orange, Red Obsession, Turquoise, Grey, Gunmetal, Titanium, Sapphire, Blue Mini, Silver, Purple, Blue Pro Obsession, Emerald
WIP: Lime
Shelf: Salmon, Copper, Gold, Ruby, Peach, Black Obsession V2, Handmade, Black Obsession V1
Brassassin

Re: A request for some advice

Post by Brassassin »

Not too silly. I think most of us can relate to this.
I have to limit myself as well, so I can go to sleep in time, and to make sure I don’t injure my hands.
One thing that I started doing, after some great advice here on the forums, is to set a timer for 30 minutes on my iPhone. When the alarm goes, I stop to pause.
This has done wonders for my hands. I can imagine it could help with just stopping in time as well.
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
mereacregrigore18

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

Agree with Brassassin.

Set yourself a timer. 2-3 hours of play time a day, no more. Your hands will start cramping if you don't take proper breaks between solve time. Also try using a training aid from time to time, some people prefer the metal touch. I do prefer as well, but my hands are cramping and I use the training aid most of the time.

Keep record on a Excel Sheet how many hours you spend in each revo, this will increase your strengths.

Remember, Revomaze are to enjoy yourself not to rush in solving. You can challenge yourself after opening more revos like I did with Copper, but for now just enjoy them. Discover them as much as you can. Because, no doubts you will get more and more into it. :D

Let us know how your progress is going!
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

Fantastic advice all around! Thank you both. I will definitely start setting a timer, maybe 45 minutes. This will help me work on my self control, as I will force myself to listen to the time limitations of the timer. I hope I can do this! Lol! I have ordered a training aid and it is in transit. I look forward to trying it, although I am slightly worried that the feel of the “pull” into traps will be muted. Have you found this decreased sensation to be true?
Opened: Blue, Green, Mint, Bronze, Aqua, Indigo, Orange, Red Obsession, Turquoise, Grey, Gunmetal, Titanium, Sapphire, Blue Mini, Silver, Purple, Blue Pro Obsession, Emerald
WIP: Lime
Shelf: Salmon, Copper, Gold, Ruby, Peach, Black Obsession V2, Handmade, Black Obsession V1
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Lay down on bed, try solving the puzzle with it directly above you. Inevitably your arms will falter and you will drop the maze. Problem one solved, puzzle is put down. If it hits your head, you might be knocked out. That solves problem two.

[/sarcasm]
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
mereacregrigore18

JackBauer wrote: Have you found this decreased sensation to be true?
No, and I have been using the training aid for three years now. It's absolutely great. Is just the training aid on the one side, everything else remains and feels the same. It will help a lot your fingers.
mereacregrigore18

Chyron wrote:Lay down on bed, try solving the puzzle with it directly above you. Inevitably your arms will falter and you will drop the maze. Problem one solved, puzzle is put down. If it hits your head, you might be knocked out. That solves problem two.

[/sarcasm]
Chyron, this made me laugh out loud. Good joke but do not try at home. Your wife might knock you down as well after that. :lol: :lol:
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Oh,
This one is easy
If you solve it first before sleep, sleep comes much easier!!

Cheers!
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)

Return to “General”