Physical problems from mazing. How to prevent?

For all general forum discussions.
mcparty

Re: Physical problems from mazing. How to prevent?

Post by mcparty »

Come on, man. If your hand hurts and it cramping up, take a break. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but this isn't rocket science.
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Eh, it's not that simple when you are OCD and at the end. 15 mins turns into 2 hours easily.
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

No... It definitely is and in many of the registered pages people have stated to take frequent breaks. We don't need warnings or any additional tips.
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Anyone that revos has had this type of finger pain. You just have to stop and take a break.. And I am not kidding about the arthritis cream, it helps.. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Dude, you are saying think normally in a time of frantic thought

Some of us...don't

I am not saying we need warnings

I'm saying for some of us pain comes with it, and yes it is self inflicted to some degree.

Plus, new muscle requires tearing muscle. If you are doing things new to you it will hurt. That is just science. No pain? Nonsense. I had pain taking breaks working only 15 mins a day at first. I don't grip things or push like that. All new motions for my hand
Seeking:
rockwoofstone

Post by rockwoofstone »

Brassassin wrote:I don’t think there needs to be a warning on the box...
Looking, there is a warning to a certain extent in the box. On the supplied card, in the "health and safety" section, it does instruct you to play little and often, and also makes a recommendation about grip.
IN PROGRESS: AG - GY
CLOSED: HM - LI - SA - RU
OPENED: AQ - BU - GR - MT - BR - CU - TI - IN - GM - OR
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

So thanks Kirk and thanks McParty for making it clear that indeed, it seems that I AM the only one that doesn’t understand that you need to take a break when your hand hurts...
It’s exactly as ghxost says, when you are so close to the end, your regular 30min sessions can turn into 60 minutes. I had no problems for 3 months, but after my last day, finishing the bronze, for me totally unexpectedly, it did me in.
Let me clarify: I am not trying to put Revomaze down. I love, love these puzzles. I am bummed I can’t start on the next one because of this, and it really took me off guard.
I do have complaints that go a little further than ‘my hands cramping up’. I need good hand function for all of the things I love to do in life: jiu jitsu, playing the guitar, revoing, and my job, so excuse me if I am worried.
Excuse me if I ask for advice.
And excuse me if I try to protect other people from these troubles.
Really guys, I could do without your cynical reactions. If you have nothing constructive to say, than just don’t say anything.
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
rockwoofstone

Post by rockwoofstone »

Brassassin - I think you misunderstood my response. I was just trying to help by pointing out Chris's recommendations. Apologies if it didn't come across that way. :)
IN PROGRESS: AG - GY
CLOSED: HM - LI - SA - RU
OPENED: AQ - BU - GR - MT - BR - CU - TI - IN - GM - OR
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

All I can suggest from this experience and all other physical stuff I do is massage, stretch, soak in warm water with salts, and keep active. Letting it sit will not help it heal. At the same time too much agitation will prevent healing...

But no pain no gain. I just figured that applied here in the hest of the moment. Guess I'm in the minority
Seeking:
doc81

Post by doc81 »

mcparty wrote:Come on, man. If your hand hurts and it cramping up, take a break. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but this isn't rocket science.
Sheesh :roll: ...it's pretty easy to overdo it in any type of physical activity...it's how injuries happen. Keeps us in the medical field in business. :D But in a seriousness...I don't think anyone would expect a Revomaze to lead to something like tenosynovitis. Also easy to get carried away with these things...I know I've had 4 hour sessions. :lol:
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE

Return to “General”