Where to buy wooden Revomaze stand?

For all general forum discussions.

Which style of wooden Revomaze stand do you prefer? (See pics in thread)

Original with vertical holder
56%
New smaller rectangular
44%
Other (please comment in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 16

RevoLady

Re: Where to buy wooden Revomaze stand?

Post by RevoLady »

pewetools wrote:Chris promised me this stands last year !!!!!!!! I am just waiting (like so many other) for the delivery of other ordered goods and now you sell the stands overpriced to other customers ?

Peter
Hi Peter

Your concerns have been raised to Chris who will be contacting you personally
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

Hi All,
So I just received the 3d printed stand in black for multiple mazes and can provide an honest, unbiased review if you are considering ordering.

Packaging: the packaging was fine and the 3d stand was protected well. No issues or damage to the stand in transit and the package looked to be well taken care of.

Quality of Material: the stand is 3d printed, but doesn't feel light by any means. It has a decent weight and uniform color throughout. It is the same material as the grippers, if you have owned any of those previously.

Appearance: the revomaze sticker is added into the front of the stand and there is a revomaze logo printed on the right hand side. (You can see this in the pictures). It can fit 3 opened mazes and their cores or 4 mazes in the configuration I have it set in. This is mildly frustrating, as the base could be printed with about 4 cm extra on each side and you would be able to have 2 more mazes standing up.

The cons: the stand could have obviously fit a more mazes with a little more foresight. The bottom of my stand is also missing a foot, which to me is unacceptable. I wasn't super happy about that as I paid quite a bit of money. While it isn't a huge problem and I can certainly go out and get the felt feet, it showed that HQ didn't even look over the product at all before sending. Not super thrilled there.

Attaching an imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/zf7bzYH
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Thanks for your review and picture mcparty!
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

You know what I was thinking of, a mechanism like a barrel of a gun, where revomazes are in the barrel, you give it a spin, pull the trigger and a revomaze comes out for you to solve and you dont know which one, russian revolette :D
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

I would love to see that sounds fun !
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

Received my wooden stand today. Not the original style, which I would have liked even more, but a great looking stand nonetheless. I think it has a great look and feel. Quality is good. It looks really well made, and fits and holds a revomaze well.
I do think it is too expensive for what it is, especially after taxes and shipping.
No regrets though, because my bronze now has it’s honorary spot on the shelf. Looks awesome!
Last edited by Brassassin on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

Just received my flat stand and it is well made and a great display for my bronze too so I’m keeping it

A bit expensive but I like having a brand revo stand
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
mrmkaufman

Post by mrmkaufman »

Folks, I'm new here and investigating ways to safely display my Aqua and Bronze. I'm in the US, so the admittedly pricey wooden stand offered here is even more expensive once you factor in shipping. So I considered what other objects in the world are of a similar shape (cylindrical) and size (2" diameter), that others may already be displaying.

Kaleidoscopes!

I only did a quick Google search, but found https://www.kaleidoscopestoyou.com/inne ... copes.html. Most descriptions mention the size or range of sizes they accommodate. This one, for instance, looks to be suitable: https://www.kaleidoscopestoyou.com/inne ... copes.html. But I am sure there are others worthy of consideration. Google can probably offer up other options with some effort, especially for those not in the US. This particular site is in the US, and hence more reasonably priced :-).

Reply here if you find some stands that totally rock, beyond the cursory search result I mentioned.

Cheers!
mereacregrigore18

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

Mark, check this out.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2729085
Some people like them and you can print them at any local 3D printers.

Cheers
Greg
mrmkaufman

Post by mrmkaufman »

Thanks, Greg. An alternative, for sure. I was following up specifically about wood stands, but maybe that wasn't clear.

Good find!

Return to “General”