Broken forum images?

For all general forum discussions.
Cirne

Broken forum images?

Post by Cirne »

Hi, I've noticed that a lot of the attached images in the forum are broken - it looks like there was a faulty backup or restore of the phpBB files, perhaps? Is there a working backup somewhere that can be restored?

Mainly asking because I've been writing a browser tool to fix the broken JPEG images, and there's not much point in continuing to work on it if a proper backup can be found!

That said, it is coming along nicely, though it's still a little bit clunky to use... :D

(original image attached to: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=821#p12649)
Attachments
Picture Example 1 - repaired.jpg
Picture Example 1 - repaired.jpg (141.2 KiB) Viewed 4419 times
Chyron

Re: Broken forum images?

Post by Chyron »

The forums had a hard crash a few years back and their professional services weren't able to recover much of the information in the images. I'm probably misreporting what actually happened, but it sounds close to right.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Cirne

Post by Cirne »

does that mean I should keep working on my repair tool? do folks actually care about what's in the images?
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

I know I personally care about the images. It would be great if people could repost maps though and a few of the pictures in the "open" groups. I feel like that is a lot of work though.
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
Cirne

Post by Cirne »

Well, once I'm done with the tool, it shouldn't be too hard for anyone to fix a broken image on their own. It just takes a little ingenuity... sort of like a little puzzle, and I hear this is the right place for that ;)

Return to “General”