What collection should I get after the foundation set?

For all general forum discussions.
balsam2

What collection should I get after the foundation set?

Post by balsam2 »

Hi Everyone!

I'm pretty new to this community and to revomazes in general. I have the foundation set and am really enjoying it and I was thinking of what to get next.

I prefer to buy collections rather than individual puzzles because I'd rather pay for shipping fewer times
and there are also some good discounts available on sets.

I'm eyeing two sets. The first is Orange, Silver and Titanium (retro set). The second is Indigo, Mint, Copper, Gunmetal. Can anyone recommend one set vs the other? Somehow I have a feeling that silver will be hard to the point that I won't even enjoy it.

Forgetting about sets, which among the above puzzles did you enjoy the most/least? I've read some complaints about Copper being frustrating [in a bad way] while it seems like everyone loves Orange and Indigo.

Thanks for the help! Really excited to have discovered these great puzzles. I'm not a big puzzle collector (basically have the rubik's cube and some old metal take-apart puzzles), but there's an element of fun and adventure present with the revomazes that kind of feels like a really engaging video game.

Best,
Ben
doc81

Re: What collection should I get after the foundation set?

Post by doc81 »

Hey Ben (nice name ;) )....welcome to the revo community! I have only gone through 6 of them so far...and only 3 outside of what you own (Mint, Titanium and Bronze). I guess I would continue in order of difficulty since you started at the easiest...and I feel this is the best way to go through them anyways. So I would recommend the full dynamic set (Mint, Bronze and Orange) and do them in that order. Bronze is a fan favorite and you definitely shouldn't miss it. Following this it would be a toss up between the remaining 2 sets imo. Goodluck!

Ben
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
balsam2

Post by balsam2 »

Thanks!

I already have the bronze, so I'm leaning towards a set without it. I'll try to stay in the pre-silver difficulty level, since I don't think I have the skill or patience for silver.

Ben
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Ah...then I'd go with the second set you mentioned then! The basic set gets you warmed up for the good ones. :)
SET SERIAL #7021
balsam2

Post by balsam2 »

Thanks, Ben.

I ended up going for the set you recommended, but I swapped the copper out for the orange, since I heard it's one of the most fun and interesting of the puzzles (and I've also heard that copper can be frustrating for some in the same way that green is).

I'm actually very grateful that I can just order in - stock puzzles and have them delivered in a matter of days, rather than pre-ordering and waiting for months for them to be produced.
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Very nice! You definitely shouldn't be disappointed by that set. I have only done the Mint out of those so can't say much other than Mint was a fun one and probably should be the one you start with.
SET SERIAL #7021

Return to “General”