Suggestion for wider audience

For all general forum discussions.
ghxost

Suggestion for wider audience

Post by ghxost »

So I have a friend who is visually impaired

This puzzle greatly interested him obviously since it can be done on ones head to some extent depending on their capacity and imagination

The only real downside was the final dots lining up...

Can these finishing dots be made to be felt, or something along those lines? Maybe some other indication of completion? He didnt want to take it fully apart just a way to know when done with the maze fully.

I think a lot of visually impaired people who like puzzles would love this product if it could be slightly modified in the future.
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
Chyron

Re: Suggestion for wider audience

Post by Chyron »

From my experience, the dot has rarely been of much use and was more of a distraction than an assistance. The exit to the mazes feel markedly different than the other sections. I always imagined the Revomaze was already a very accessible puzzling experience, surprises me to hear otherwise!
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

I haven't used them so far...
The suggestion stemmed from his question, how do I know when it is done?

So I explained the dots. The one on the sleeve is recesses and can barely be felt. I'm not sure about the one on the shaft. Since this probably wasn't in mind it was just a suggestion passed along from a disabled friend who is interested. Can they be made more pronounced
Seeking:
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Yeah not sure other than maybe milling a gouge on the edge of the sleeve and either a V shape or a line down the length of the shaft?

I think the obsessions would be a good option then too should they be remade. They're constructed in a way that's much easier to reassemble vs the extremes, less chance of losing pins or springs, as they don't come out and there is no central shaft.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

I agree and hope to see something similar to those in the future!
Seeking:
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Wait so have you finished one yet? If not, do so and see if you can better describe the end. The dots I really do find inconsequential and there’s an obvious change in the puzzles tension when it is over. Put it this way, there is no deeper section in the maze but the end, it almost goes slack when finished. The pin no longer presses into any part of the maze, it is over a void.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Makes sense and no, not even close to done haha

Feeling is part of the whole experience so I get why you'd say it feels different.

I'll see how it goes in the end myself
Seeking:

Return to “General”