How to commision a maze?

For all general forum discussions.
CzMeteo

Re: How to commision a maze?

Post by CzMeteo »

mattangel wrote:If you're going to spend the money, commission a purple. It's a much better puzzle than the TiX.
RevoMaze Purple Description wrote: The V1 Purple was originally designed and produced for a competition in 2014, the Purple cannot now be commissioned as the last one has been completed. Very occasionally one comes up for sale on our User Forum or ebay for serious collectors requiring it to complete their collection.
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

One of the REVO girls was recently (2016ish) offering a commissioned purple and handmade. The package price was steep... something like 2000 GBP.
I commissioned a handmade for 500 GBP and was considering the purple as well. I don’t know if the offer is still on the table.
Starting over
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

AndrewParr wrote:One of the REVO girls was recently (2016ish) offering a commissioned purple and handmade. The package price was steep... something like 2000 GBP.
I commissioned a handmade for 500 GBP and was considering the purple as well. I don’t know if the offer is still on the table.
Someone on here is selling a Purple for $3000!
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

You maybe cannot buy the Purple anymore but you can buy the Handmade directly from Chris.
Last edited by prodigy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Luke1705

Post by Luke1705 »

I have a feeling that a lot of the "waiting for production" mazes will be made available again for a normal price.

Can't say that this is the same for something like the purple, which people feel should be inflated in value due to its limited nature.

It's odd to me though that Chris would commission a maze like the purple for 2000 GBP (I have been quoted that, though that was a while ago and may have changed with the new machine). I understand that it is supposed to be expensive due to its rarity....but eventually if people keep commissioning them, they won't be that rare anymore, so they'll be devalued nonetheless.

Call me a communist but I've always believed that people should be able to purchase quality. The idea of limited editions always turns me off. Especially because I know some people try to buy to scalp later, or just hold onto it to appreciate value. And while that is a solid investment strategy, these aren't supposed to be investments. They're supposed to be puzzles for people to enjoy. #endrant #purplethedream
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Luke1705 wrote:I understand that it is supposed to be expensive due to its rarity....but eventually if people keep commissioning them, they won't be that rare anymore, so they'll be devalued nonetheless.
The idea of limited editions always turns me off.
I agree, but for the mazes that already are "limited", I think this is a good solution for both Chris, that can make some money, and the owners as long as Chris doesn't lower the price. Everyone that now wants the maze have to pay the same price (used or new) and the original 15 will always have a higher value to collectors.

This will keep the prices down (so it doesn't increases even more) but I think the prices for Purple and Handmade is too high already so this is good for everyone that wants the mazes and I hope that all owners can accept this solution.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH

Return to “General”