Unable to submit ticket.

For all general forum discussions.
ReallyBigTeeth

Re: Unable to submit ticket.

Post by ReallyBigTeeth »

Nice! Could you tell what the culprit was, or did some unknown wizardry happen?
Indigo - Solved
Gunmetal - Solved
Copper - Solved
Bronze - Solved
Orange - Solved
Titanium - Solved
Silver - Closed
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

I was just thinking that maybe the center shaft was in with the slightly smaller hole receiving the maze pin. This would make the maze pin drop a little more difficult.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
ReallyBigTeeth

Post by ReallyBigTeeth »

Good to know. I didn't know there was a difference in diameter between the two holes. Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got the puzzle apart safely.
Indigo - Solved
Gunmetal - Solved
Copper - Solved
Bronze - Solved
Orange - Solved
Titanium - Solved
Silver - Closed
Coloradobluesguy

Post by Coloradobluesguy »

I think it was a combination of the smaller hole, and not having something where the certificate goes. I put a dollar bill there. I also oiled the maze now it’s almost as good as new.
AQ-01128-SOLVED
BU-07001-SOLVED
TQ-00223-In Progress
GR-07001-SOLVED
Mint MT-0150-Solved
BR07001-In Progress
Indigo-Ordered/Arrived
Gunmetal-Ordered/Arrived
Copper-Ordered/Arrived
Silver-
Handmade
Lime
Mini
Red-0032
Gold-
Titanium
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

On the Aqua puzzle, it is not possible to reassemble the puzzle with the pins in the wrong hole. The holes are machines so that they are not 180º apart, so it is only possible to put the pins in one way.

Applying oil or lube to the pins may actually cause them to stick to the puzzle, making it harder to drop into the hole.

Placing anything in place of the certificate does not affect the pin, as they do not make contact or change the position of the other.
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Coloradobluesguy wrote:I think it was a combination of the smaller hole, and not having something where the certificate goes. I put a dollar bill there. I also oiled the maze now it’s almost as good as new.
Funny you did that. I put two $100 bills in a blue Revo and left it at my sisters for my nieces or nephews or my sister or brother in-law for all that matters to solve it, so far I haven't had a call yet. It sits in a crystal bowl on their cocktail table and it has been there for over a year and a half. One of their friends was interested in it and was trying to solve it for an hour or so, he is an aerospace engineer, and he liked it a lot. I think he will be the one to open it the next time he visits. Will he be the winner of the hidden cash? Only time will tell. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Kirk2000 wrote:
Coloradobluesguy wrote:I think it was a combination of the smaller hole, and not having something where the certificate goes. I put a dollar bill there. I also oiled the maze now it’s almost as good as new.
Funny you did that. I put two $100 bills in a blue Revo and left it at my sisters for my nieces or nephews or my sister or brother in-law for all that matters to solve it, so far I haven't had a call yet. It sits in a crystal bowl on their cocktail table and it has been there for over a year and a half. One of their friends was interested in it and was trying to solve it for an hour or so, he is an aerospace engineer, and he liked it a lot. I think he will be the one to open it the next time he visits. Will he be the winner of the hidden cash? Only time will tell. KIRK
Did you tell them that there is cash hidden inside? That would be quite the motivator.
If the friend solves it and wins the money (And you let him keep it), that is almost enough to buy his own puzzle.
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

No I did not tell anyone that there is cash inside. I want to see if someone has the concentration and tenacity to stick with it just to solve the problem of opening it. My brother-in-law, or my nephew for that matter, would cut it open with a hacksaw if they new there was money inside. If anyone solves it they get to keep the cash and it is also enough to buy themselves another Revomaze. :D KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.

Return to “General”