Indigo or Gunmetal - which one first?

For all general forum discussions.
Piker B

Indigo or Gunmetal - which one first?

Post by Piker B »

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some experienced advice. I just opened green (nice puzzle) and am staring at my Indigo and Gunmetal sitting on the shelf. Which one should I work on next? Does one lead into the other or are they independent of each other? I know opening Bronze before Green made Green relatively "easy" since I was already looking for more advanced routes. I don't want that to happen by doing the Indigo or Gunmetal in the wrong order. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
Aqua - open
Blue - open
Green - open
Bronze - open
Indigo - open
Gunmetal -in progress
Mint - on shelf
Orange - on shelf
AndrewParr

Re: Indigo or Gunmetal - which one first?

Post by AndrewParr »

Perhaps someone could make a flowchart for the website that puts all the revomaze products in a logical solving sequence?
Starting over
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

AndrewParr wrote:Perhaps someone could make a flowchart for the website that puts all the revomaze products in a logical solving sequence?
Maybe something like this (updated):
Attachments
revomaze_v2.png
revomaze_v2.png (4.65 KiB) Viewed 10135 times
Last edited by prodigy on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Piker B

Post by Piker B »

Thank you prodigy, that is exactly what I needed and more. Now, if I can only find a way to get my hands on all those Revos :D
Aqua - open
Blue - open
Green - open
Bronze - open
Indigo - open
Gunmetal -in progress
Mint - on shelf
Orange - on shelf
Luke1705

Post by Luke1705 »

I think it's interesting that you list gunmetal on the tier below (and presumably harder than) Indigo. I thought Indigo was supposed to be harder?

Though, to be fair, I don't think it's necessary to get one before or after the other, as they are certainly on comparable levels of difficulty. I might also consider aqua and blue on roughly the same level, though that's just from what I heard. I started with green.

Is Salmon really supposed to be harder than silver? I have it ordered and am definitely excited to begin working my way up to it but I thought silver was supposed to be the most time-consuming.
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Nice work, prodigy! There are only a handful of people who know all the puzzles well enough to make a flowchart, and I'm not one of them. Thanks for doing that.

You realize now the debates will begin. ;)
Starting over
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Luke1705 wrote:I think it's interesting that you list gunmetal on the tier below (and presumably harder than) Indigo. I thought Indigo was supposed to be harder?
The flow doesn't show how hard they are, just that it is good to learn some basic skills before moving on to the next "level", e.g. map (on paper or in head) moving, parts etc.
Luke1705 wrote:I might also consider aqua and blue on roughly the same level, though that's just from what I heard. I started with green.
I have done a new version with some changes. I think you are right that Aqua and Blue is on the same level and both are good mazes to start with. I started the journey with the Orange and that worked but it had been better to start in the correct order and learned one bit at a time. After Orange, the Blue and Aqua was too easy, but if I had started with them they had probably been challenging to solve and more fun.
Luke1705 wrote:Is Salmon really supposed to be harder than silver?
What I have heard, Salmon is on level 95 (Silver 90 and Lime 85). So I suppose Salmon is "harder" or more complex than Silver. I moved them to the same level due to that I don't think you have to solve Silver before Salmon to enjoy the maze.
AndrewParr wrote:You realize now the debates will begin. ;)
Yes :) , but that is always fun. I just wanted do a small guide if you don't know what maze that could be possible to solve next.

Of course it is personal what maze you think is hard, but this offers anyway an indication of what knowledge that is good to have before solving a maze.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Luke1705

Post by Luke1705 »

I think you're right on all counts. Now all I need to do is actually get my hands on an orange and a purple :D
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

That graph is exactly what we need!

Personally I would put Red as harder than Bronze as its "hard part" can be a bit tricky, but I guess not nearly as difficult as Silver.

Bronze is my favorite puzzle by far, so this motivates me to try the others on this tier and the tiers above it!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

ReVoRabbit wrote:Personally I would put Red as harder than Bronze as its "hard part" can be a bit tricky, but I guess not nearly as difficult as Silver.
As I wrote earlier, the flow doesn't show how hard they are, just that it is good to learn some basic skills before moving on to the next "level", I think you have all the skills you need to be able to solve the Red after Blue or Aqua, but maybe it it will take many many ours and a lot of thinking and practice, but that is part of the fun :) I think you can move on to the next tier if you have solved one of the puzzles and if you cannot solve one of them, just continue with another one instead cause some of the puzzles can be really hard (as ReVoRabbit wrote), e.g. Red, Gold, Indigo, Copper etc.

Almost all puzzles have new features, trix or problems that we haven't seen before so you always have to think :) and maybe some of the hardest puzzles will stay unsolved forever...

Return to “General”