Are Silver V2 Extremes more prone to damaging wear due to complexity?

For all general forum discussions.
TheWaveCarver

Are Silver V2 Extremes more prone to damaging wear due to complexity?

Post by TheWaveCarver »

Hey everyone. TheWaveCarver checking in for the first time in years. I registered for Gold #115 a long time ago and ended up switching over to a Silver V2 that I havent opened after some puzzling. Im thinking of climbing the rungs the right way... instead of jumping right to the extremely difficult ones. I was in HS when I got the Silver... I just graduated college and will be working as an Electrical Engineer (So I finally have some money). What would be a good place to start? Right at Aqua? Or should I start at slightly higher since I've been toying with the Silver for almost 5 years now haha. That brings me to my second question...

Is there any danger of the Silver V2 Extreme wearing out over time? I remember forum members here saying that the parts are extremely small and that they might degrade after consistent play. Is this true, even if you 'puzzle' with it gently and don't force anything? Are they prone to drastic, in-operable wear after awhile? Thanks everyone, it's nice to see that Revomaze is still around. If someone here has Gold #115 let me know lol.
Grand Champion in Rocket League
mcparty

Re: Are Silver V2 Extremes more prone to damaging wear due to complexity?

Post by mcparty »

I don't know about the wearing of the silver, as I do not own one.

However, I tried starting with the bronze before doing any other puzzles. I ended up purchasing the V1 obsession set and finishing blue, green, and black. Now, I am back on the bronze and feeling a little more confident in my ability. I am still stuck at the final roadblock and don't like picking it up because every time I reset, it is a long process with more dexterity than I like.

I have the Gunmetal as well, but I don't know if I'll ever get back into it again.
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

TheWaveCarver wrote:What would be a good place to start? Right at Aqua? Or should I start at slightly higher since I've been toying with the Silver for almost 5 years now haha.
I don't think you have to start with Aqua if you don't want to solve a fun but easy maze. I like them all so for me I had started with the Aqua. It doesn't say much if you haven't solved the Silver, cause it can be hard to understand it fully. Maybe Indigo or Bronze can be good mazes if you want a big challenge directly. Not too hard but fun mazes to explore and solve.
TheWaveCarver wrote:Is there any danger of the Silver V2 Extreme wearing out over time? I remember forum members here saying that the parts are extremely small and that they might degrade after consistent play. Is this true, even if you 'puzzle' with it gently and don't force anything? Are they prone to drastic, in-operable wear after awhile?
I cannot see any part that or anywhere in the maze that will be damaged over time or due to many hours of play. So without using any force or drop the Silver you will be safe to play with it over and over again. No parts are extremely small in a way that they will be damaged but you have to be careful the day you open the puzzle :twisted:
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
pcad

Post by pcad »

Hi Wavecarver.

You already realize that starting with the Silver was a less than optimal choice for your first Revomaze. I'm curious as to how far you've gotten so far. Since you own a Silver you should have access to the Silver Registered forum. If not, contact one of the Moderators for access. Discussions about your progress belongs in that forum.

I had some difficulty with Silver that was associated with the lubricant in the puzzle migrating to areas where it didn't belong. I attribute that to leaving the puzzle in a hot car while at work.

As far as parts wearing out, that doesn't seem likely to me. These are rather simple parts and are not delicate. I would say the parts are just as durable as the maze is. There have been rare instances where a puzzle was dropped and landed in such a way that actually caused internal damage, but in general these puzzles are very, very durable. The plastic ones, not as much, but still pretty tough. The plastic Red maze was too delicate and easy to damage.

A metal Blue is highly recommended since I suspect you'll be able to solve it and is likely one of
Chris's best designs.

If you can solve Blue, you can solve Green since the challenges are similar, but are somewhat more difficult.

The Bronze is quite a step up from Green. The mapping is more challenging and has features, both static and dynamic that are not in the blue or green designs.

The Silver is another huge step up in difficulty. Techniques learned in blue and green will get you less than a tenth of the way into the maze. Full understanding of the bronze might (no guarantees) get you to the halfway point.

I recently reassembled my silver in a clear plastic sleeve. Even knowing the tricks and seeing what's happening, it's remains a tricky and difficult puzzle to open. I still find it amazing that any of us were able to open it at all.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I have an issue with my silver that may just be user ineptitude, but there's a very tight turn near the beginning that seems impossible to navigate on my attempts to open the puzzle a second time. I have the same issue with two other revos, so it's probably me. I'd like to hear from any one else who may know what I'm taking about who have also had the same problem.
Starting over
Orko

Post by Orko »

Mhm, no idea. :roll:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%

Return to “General”