Just got my first REVOMAZE, advice appreciated

For all general forum discussions.
SnakeyCakes

Just got my first REVOMAZE, advice appreciated

Post by SnakeyCakes »

Hello,

Just received my first Revomaze and bought the green, been playing about with for a few days now and finding it difficult, probably because its my first maze and thinking i should of bought the Blue or Aqua first...

What would you all recommend first the Blue or Aqua, I want a challenge but nothing to easy.

any advice would be appreciated
alex80it

Re: Just got my first REVOMAZE, advice appreciated

Post by alex80it »

I don't have an Aqua (Blue has been my first), but have seen a few non-initated friends pick up the blue and make it to the end in a reasonable amount of time and with great satisfaction...

I'd go Blue if I were you, if you want something not too easy and especially if you're able to successfully move around in Green (even if you haven't solved it yet).

Happy mazing! :)
Open: BU, BU Obs, PRO, BR, IN, GR, GR Obs, MT SE, GM, TI, LM, OR, BL Obs, AU, AQ, AG
In progress: CU
Closed: R Obs
Waiting for: MT V1, SL
Wishlist: R, PU, BL, MINI
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Alex, tell SnakeyCakes the truth. Put it down, put it down and just walk away, just walk away. No, run, run like the wind. There is no escaping the abyss that is Revomaze.. Can you feel it? The gravitational mass that is Revomaze. It is pulling you in. You can't help it. You say that you don't have an addictive personality. Stop lying to yourself and others. Seek counseling, close your bank accounts, cancel your credit cards. Please, there is still time.
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Very true Kirk2000! :D
If you do continue... Aqua or Blue is a good start, however some have done harder mazes as their first. Every Revomaze takes time. There are logical and dexterity challenges to overcome. If you keep at it, you will get it. I found I would not get any real progress if I picked it up for less than 15 minutes. Sometimes it helps to put it down and think on it for a couple of days. I almost always get a moment of panic that I might not ever open it. :) These are great puzzles in my opinion and are not inexpensive, so you get your money's worth.
Cheers,
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

I'd also recommend the Blue as a starter (have not tried Aqua, since I just picked it up from the post office yesterday!).

Blue was my first, and it took me around 5 hours to solve (I drew a map as I solved, which helped greatly). The Blue is in my opinion a perfect starter. Not too hard, but hard enough to make you think and really feel an achievement when you finally open it.

Just a warning though, these things are terribly addictive..once you open your first and see the core, you will be hooked!
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Orko

Post by Orko »

I am sure i could stop any time. :? :lol:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Orko wrote:I am sure i could stop any time. :? :lol:
HA! :lol:
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

- "Hello, I am Alex and I am an addict"
- "Helloooo Alex"
:roll:
Open: BU, BU Obs, PRO, BR, IN, GR, GR Obs, MT SE, GM, TI, LM, OR, BL Obs, AU, AQ, AG
In progress: CU
Closed: R Obs
Waiting for: MT V1, SL
Wishlist: R, PU, BL, MINI
Orko

Post by Orko »

alex80it wrote:- "Hello, I am Alex and I am an addict"
- "Helloooo Alex"
:roll:
Don't worry Alex, here in this group with this guys it's just a walk in the park to kill this addiction. You will be clean in no time. .....I swear ;)
Look at me the last time i bought some revo stuff is more than 24 hours ago. So proud of myself. :D
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
770aba

Post by 770aba »

What they say is true! I havent been here long, but long enough to solve my blue and now im HOOKED!!
BlueV1
GreenV1
BronzeV1

Return to “General”