Official Revomaze Clear Sleeve

For all general forum discussions.
ghxost

Re: Official Revomaze Clear Sleeve

Post by ghxost »

maximos92 wrote:The clear sleeves they did sell were not very good in my opinion. 2 of the 5 I had the pins broke out of them somehow. Even with light use. I ended up giving away the other 3 to a friend who wanted to use them to tech his kids how to maze. Also they really took on scratches pretty bad and became kind of hard to see into. Which if course is expected i guess being plastic rubbing with metal.
Luckily we as humans are capable of learning from mistakes and finding ways to improve things.
I think the revo staff could look at the short falls and produce a higher quality sleeve.
I have faith

Oh and consumer plastics have come a long way (price and durability) in the past 5 years
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Received my training sleeve, clear sleeve and the plastic Obsession blue core and decided to share something you need to be aware of (which I wasn't at first when I ordered it, did not carefully read :D)

So basically, you can NOT navigate a revomaze with the clearsleeve with the fixed screw (which is called clearsleeve). The screw is the pin, but of course the pin does not have any threading. There is no spring, just a screw.
Using the training sleeve though you can solve a maze, the mechanism works perfectly!!! Nicely done!!

Both of the sleeves along with the white core of the plastic Blue revo came in excellent packaging and the quality is very good in my opinion!!

Am I satisfied? Yes, very much!! I think the sleeve with the fixed pin comes in handy, could even remove the pin and put in the mechanism from the training sleeve, once that sleeve becomes damaged or whatever.
doc81

Post by doc81 »

I would agree with everything dasrevo said here. I haven't used them much yet but the quality appears to be there with the training aid pin/spring system. The packaging was some of the best I've seen for puzzles and the clear sleeve will be great to be able to show off opened mazes.
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE

Return to “General”