the road behind!!!

For all general forum discussions.
LSDJ

the road behind!!!

Post by LSDJ »

let me just start with hello!

Hello,
i have been lurking here for a week or two but want to become more involved. i have never really warmed up to posting, anywhere

! So i will start with this post of how i found you guys. For the last two months i have fallen into what i believe to be a massive puzzle addiction(one of my healthier addiction) starting with the rubik's cube. From here i took the obvious path and got every size i could, 2x2 - 7x7.
Yet i wanted more. i then remembered seeing a friend of mine's stash box, it was a puzzle box. Very cool! but if you wanted what is inside then smashy smashy! Now my goal was to find a puzzle made of more modern materials.
I found a set of puzzle locks that i was very interested in. Although not a box it could be used to lock one. O.K fine i thought. it's not going to get much better then that. Then it happened, after looking at peoples puzzle collections online i saw a blue revomaze and almost shrugged it off.
I did choose to look up on it however and what i found was KRAZY!!! It was a puzzle, made of new materials and it "kinda" opened! WOW i just ordered my first revo yesterday(june 11). i went for green as i only have the money for one right now. You all know what I'm going through waiting for it to get here, it almost hurts! Anyway if you made it this far thanks for reading my first post

-Cody (not the only one i know, also a gemini (may 31)
Extreme
Blue#283-Cracked!!
Green#95-Cracked!!
Bronze#214-Drying off!
Silver#192-it's here!!!
Gold#xxx-In the box!!
OBS'
RED-Closed BLACK-Cracked!! BLUE-Cracked!!
farrel669

Re: the road behind!!!

Post by farrel669 »

You know, that is a very familiar story, almost identical to my own, I started with Prof. Rubik's classic and have become an obsessive puzzler ever since.

I think many people here wil agree when I say that you are in for a real treat with the ReVoMaze, the workmanship is breath-taking, once you've got it open you'll see what I mean.

Tom
BU00008SE - Open
GR00008SE - Open
BR00008SE - Open
AG00141EX - Open
BL08LE - Open
LM00284 - ????
OR00283 - ????
Steve

Post by Steve »

Welcome to the forum LSDJ,
Starting with the green one might not have been your best choice.
I am sure a lot of the folks here will agree that the Blue is almost like a training aid for the Green, I am also sure that my Green would have taken a lot longer to open if I hadn't open the Blue first.
Saying that, you don’t have to start with the Blue, the Green is still possible to open, just not easy.
I wish you the best of luck and hope it arrives quickly.
I am just itching to get my hands on that incredibly good looking RevoBlack.
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Hi All ...

Without you all knowing it - the Blue and Green are the training aids for what is about to come. When taking the level up for the Bronze - I mean way up. Don't get me wrong - not impossible but frustratingly intriguing. More thought is needed as some of you are just starting to get good ;)

So not to dispel the puzzles so far – I very much enjoy opening them and still do (well the green is getting harder and Harder! to do) – but the Bronze is the first to give me goose bumps (my prototype back in December nearly did!)

You need a very good level of concentration and intelligence to add to the other four skills to get the Bronze open.

I am so exciting about where these are going – I want to part share this. Many people have just missed out because they do not understand that these are highly engineered made pieces of art.

So I have added something to the website www.revomaze.co.uk for you to have a look at :D :shock: :o and for you to tell others who may be interested.

Let me know what you think :roll: … p.s. there is a couple more pictures of the Black in news 8-)

Kind regards

Chris
ReVoMaster
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

LSDJ, welcome to the mad house :mrgreen: *waves* You won't regret buying a revo, they're not only fantastic puzzles they're fantastic pieces of engineering (if your into that sort of thing :geek: ) :D
Yeh, we know what your going through waiting for it to arrive, there's a bunch of us going through the same right now waiting for the black... *rubs hands together in anticipation*
Your certainly in for a challenge if your going straight for the green, and it'll certainly be far more of an achievement doing it that way around. Don't let us put you off though, you may even find it easier doing it that way around because you have less of an idea of what to expect :) Either way, let us know how you get on! :D

ReVoMaster wrote:...When taking the level up for the Bronze - I mean way up. Don't get me wrong - not impossible but frustratingly intriguing. More thought is needed as some of you are just starting to get good ;)
Great :roll: Just when I'd convinced myself that you wouldn't make it that much harder than the green you come out with this :shock: :lol: Can you give us an estimate for an opening time on the bronze.... just so we can gague an idea of what we're really in for? :)

ReVoMaster wrote:...So I have added something to the website http://www.revomaze.co.uk for you to have a look at :D :shock: :o and for you to tell others who may be interested.
Sweet! That's a pretty impressive CNC lathe! I don't know why but I expected the maze and serial to be done on seperate machines... nice to see how it's really done though! :D
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

ReVoMaster wrote: So I have added something to the website http://www.revomaze.co.uk for you to have a look at :D :shock: :o and for you to tell others who may be interested.

Let me know what you think :roll:
WAUW :o
Very well engineered, like I told you. I did not see a demo of this level of production automation before. Very, very nice.
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC

Return to “General”