CE Sets

For all general forum discussions.
ReVoRabbit

Re: CE Sets

Post by ReVoRabbit »

its not going to take years to produce 100 mercury's. we are talking about months. Chris is trying to get on track. the largest orders are taking priority. I'm not saying they should, but currently they are. I'm not an insider, this just makes sense. once the current R2 orders are off the table, there will be plenty of room to knock out the CEs!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Later as opposed to the past few years when those puzzles were actually considered "In production" ? There were hard limits on order intake. There always has been. It's never really been any indication of stock, but there were limits anyways.

Either way, these types of threads tend to get locked with no real answers. I hope all remaining CE's get out there this year. I am just surprised as it seemed like CE's were all pushed out. Didn't realize there were stragglers.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Joker24-7

Post by Joker24-7 »

As a fellow 'straggler' waiting for my collectors set, it is a tad frustrating to see our order bumped for the R2, bumped for the mini and further bumped for the purple. Will this continue?
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Joker24-7 wrote:As a fellow 'straggler' waiting for my collectors set, it is a tad frustrating to see our order bumped for the R2, bumped for the mini and further bumped for the purple. Will this continue?
In all respect, I'm not sure it's fair to say bumped for mini or purple. I've been waiting for the purple to be manufactured since 2009.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

ReVoRabbit wrote:its not going to take years to produce 100 mercury's. we are talking about months. Chris is trying to get on track. the largest orders are taking priority. I'm not saying they should, but currently they are. I'm not an insider, this just makes sense. once the current R2 orders are off the table, there will be plenty of room to knock out the CEs!
that remains to be seen. we're still waiting for batch 2 (of 5). not even all people in batch 1 have their drawbar replacements.
unless production speeds up, I don't see them finishing all the mercury puzzles this year.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Joker24-7

Post by Joker24-7 »

I guess it's just personal preference, my frustration is based on something I took a punt on and paid for. I previously bought the bronze and wanted to complete the revomaze journey from start to finish.
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

smiteo wrote:
ReVoRabbit wrote:its not going to take years to produce 100 mercury's. we are talking about months. Chris is trying to get on track. the largest orders are taking priority. I'm not saying they should, but currently they are. I'm not an insider, this just makes sense. once the current R2 orders are off the table, there will be plenty of room to knock out the CEs!
that remains to be seen. we're still waiting for batch 2 (of 5). not even all people in batch 1 have their drawbar replacements.
unless production speeds up, I don't see them finishing all the mercury puzzles this year.
At this point I would have to agree with smiteo.. Batch 1 started to be released at the beginning of Febuary with the subsequent releases supposedly going much faster than the first once all the "bugs" were worked out. We are now half of the way through May and quickly approaching June without batch 2 being shipped and with no idea how far they are in production. Given this timeframe it looks like batch 2 won't finish anytime soon and if the trend of 4+ months between releases we would be looking at batch 4 and 5 shipping in 2015.. However in all fairness those of us in the R2 wait list have far less of a complaint than those still waiting for their CE sets..
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

I'm wondering the impact and size of the Marbles Brain Store order on the outstanding orders. I hadn't heard anything up and until the announcement... which means that there are more moving parts than we can see. Doesn't make it right... doesn't make it a great way of doing business regarding priorities... but a big order to a company like that would probably carry quite a bit of weight to land at the top of the priorities. I'm curious if Chris will do an order of green/bronze soon and how that would impact the time table.

The demand has out grown Chris' ability to produce and ... that actually appears to be chasing people away (lack of supply and accuracy of communicated delivery). I don't want to speculate as to how Chris should run his business but... it just seems like he needs some more help.

Great product, but Chris could use some more leverage to multiply his time and efficiency.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Marbles at the Mall of America is always busy. Not saying that means they always make sales, I often walk out without buying anything, but every time I myself have gone in, I've had to walk over people almost to get one of their reps to help me.

I think it's great exposure, and having a blue there is good. They have what appears to be 27 shops on their website. That right there is at LEAST 27 orders to put it on their shelves. Probably a few more than that (They usually have a small stack of SonicWarp puzzles, maybe 2-3 of each, out on the shelves). And of course warehouse.

I think it's fair to compare w/ SonicWarp because of the entry cost with the puzzles being high. They're some of the biggest ticket items in Marbles.

They're definitely large enough to, at least for the US side of things, become the distributor over here. But they will demand what they demand and that's dangerous for US here on the boards because it probably does take precedence over us. But that also can lead to bigger orders for the engineers, meaning Chris' priority goes up and we don't have the recent pushbacks for larger orders.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Orko

Post by Orko »

I am searching for the foam "bricks " that where cut out from the ce set boxes. Could anyone help me out? :roll:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%

Return to “General”