CE Sets

For all general forum discussions.
TheJuggler

Re: CE Sets

Post by TheJuggler »

At the risk of telling the truth, this latest set of 'new engineers' is BS. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but I've been here long enough to see at least 3 new sets of engineering company, with the one which was being used being a very reputable company, who 'produced the best quality that Revo had ever seen'. They were the bees knees, and made a world of difference to the quality ... and now, with the same machines, patterns and material, they're not good enough?

So we have another new engineering company, another new contract, and another case of 'your orders are too small, you have no priority on our machines'.

When will the excuses stop, and people who have paid for their products receive them? The R1 CE's should have been completed before a single R2 was produced. No ifs, no buts. Get them made, and shipped.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

I'm not going to argue with your end point, but as far as the machine shop... in SoCal, this kind of stuff is common. When times are slow, machine shops will take ask kinds of jobs, but when business is good, they take bigger jobs and the little jobs which are usually attached to little companies, get pushed to the side.

Excluding any other "little bits" Chris has 13 shafts, a body, a bar, and a set of pins. That's a ton of projects and a ton of setup time.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

if they had done them in larger batches, rather a few at a time, maybe the engineers wouldn't have punted them off...
still sounds like a cash-flow issue to me, with all the pre-order nonsense of recent days.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Mr. Tea

Post by Mr. Tea »

Still waiting on mine, I ordered mine in september 2010 I'm under the impression R2 series needs to be completed before CE goes back into producton although I may be wrong. Hopefully get before 2016. I am annoyed that those ordered in 2012 have received theirs, due to the time I have been waiting.
BU01080 Open
BR00486 Open
OR00108 Open
TI (SE) 18-50 Open
LM00018 Playing
Blue Obs Open, Blue Obs Pro Open, Black Obs Closed
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Mr. Tea wrote:Still waiting on mine, I ordered mine in september 2010 I'm under the impression R2 series needs to be completed before CE goes back into producton although I may be wrong. Hopefully get before 2016. I am annoyed that those ordered in 2012 have received theirs, due to the time I have been waiting.
If that's true you'll be waiting years. I hope there's a misunderstanding there, but I'd be pushing for an update if I were you.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Mr. Tea

Post by Mr. Tea »

Just looked at the emails and it said production of CEs will start after all 100 Mercury puzzles have been shipped so hopefully before 4 year anniversary of my order!
BU01080 Open
BR00486 Open
OR00108 Open
TI (SE) 18-50 Open
LM00018 Playing
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

4+ years to wait for the CE sets.. I've been waiting too.. That is one hell of a no interest loan for 4 years.. The wait goes on.. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Yeah that demands an explanation. In no way should an outstanding order such as that be put completely on the back burner for an entirely new line of products. Make sure they weren't talking about the R2 CE's (I know they've been discussed before) because that's all that would make any sense.

The limits on the CE's and other LE's are getting harder to stomach considering they don't seem to mean anything to the actual production schedule.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Mr. Tea

Post by Mr. Tea »

They were talking about CEs will be completed after all 100 mercury puzzles are shipped. I made a mistake with what I said previously about R2s as I asked 2 questions in which I got that response.
BU01080 Open
BR00486 Open
OR00108 Open
TI (SE) 18-50 Open
LM00018 Playing
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Well, that's marginally better. Marginally.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.

Return to “General”