CE Sets

For all general forum discussions.
Barcared

CE Sets

Post by Barcared »

News of the collector's sets seems to have died recently and no news is coming out of Revo HQ. Are there still people waiting for their CE set? Also, how many people have received theirs already?
Alimorris

Re: CE Sets

Post by Alimorris »

I have mine. :D
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Got mine on October 31st of 2013. I was a January 2012 order if they were going by date.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Barcared wrote:News of the collector's sets seems to have died recently...
Most news died, but i have strong confidence that things will start picking up this month (May)!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Also I'm pretty sure everyone is still waiting for the history booklets.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Chyron wrote:Also I'm pretty sure everyone is still waiting for the history booklets.
Forgot about those.... I'd expect to wait a long while for those.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

ReVoRabbit wrote:
Chyron wrote:Also I'm pretty sure everyone is still waiting for the history booklets.
Forgot about those.... I'd expect to wait a long while for those.
I got my CE Set last year, but history booklets, maps, docs etc...nothing heard from Revo HQ about these.
Marmot Man

Post by Marmot Man »

There are definitely some of us waiting for the actual CE set too. My order was placed on September 2, 2012. Not as long as many of you had to wait, but still way too long IMO.

I emailed Sophie last week and the reply I received wasn't entirely reassuring. She reported that the issue with the previous supplier was causing issues with getting the CE sets out. It sounded like they expected that the blue, green, and bronze for the CE sets would be produced by their new supplier, with the silver, gold, and titanium being made by Chris. As usual with HQ these days, no real ETA when I might actually see the set.

With over GBP 700 in outstanding orders right now, including a Mercury, I'm certainly not committing any more funds to Revomaze until I receive what I've already ordered. It is a shame. Normally I would have jumped at something like the Eris/Makemake puzzles. But it appears these have been sold, so I guess there are enough others that are still willing to commit funds.

-- William
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Hey, Apple Valley. I take my car there for service. =p

Hopefully with the new engineering team it'l be a better quality. I'm not complaining at all about the quality of mine, but it sucks waiting so hopefully something good can come out of it.
pcad

Post by pcad »

I received my CE puzzles last year. I'm waiting on the acetates, certificates and history booklet just like everyone else. I asked Sophie about these things last week.

While she's done what she can, some of the stuff has to be done by Chris and he's been a bit busy. My impression is that the documentation has become a lower priority background task.

Getting the remaining CE sets out is a much higher priority, but it isn't the only thing that needs doing. Sophie indicated that the switch from the old manufacturer to the new one is a big reason the last CE sets are unfinished. She said as much in her recent update.

Personally, I'd think the longest outstanding orders need to be addressed first. I just don't know which resources are needed and when or if they're available at which times. This has been a recurring issue with the previous machining companies and maybe with the new one too. Chris makes low volume stuff. The companies are able to prioritize their customers as they see fit. If a big military or commercial order comes in, I suspect Chris gets bumped down in priority. What's he going to do, walk away, sue them? He has no real leverage with them. That's a big reason why he needs his own machines.

Some of us have examples of what the puzzles look like when done on his older machines. They tend to be rougher and don't have smooth ramps. I don't think he can make the CE puzzles himself and have the same quality that the commercial machines have.

Hopefully the new company will be able to reduce the number of outstanding orders soon. I don't think anyone really knows when that might be.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “General”