All good things...

For all general forum discussions.
stet

All good things...

Post by stet »

As many of you probably know, I've been here pretty much from the beginning. But now things in my life are changing. My wife and I are expecting our 2nd child this September and have decided that it would be best for all if she quits her job to raise both of our children (our oldest will be 3 in May). So April will be her last month working and our last month as a dual income family.

Because of this I will be putting my puzzle collecting hobby aside, probably indefinitely. So I will not be able to continue with the R2 Voyager adventure. With a growing family to support from just my income I just can't justify the high cost of these puzzle any more. The high priced LEs that went out for pre-order today drove that point home to me.

I have already pre-ordered some of the later R2 puzzles and have asked Sophie if it is possible to cancel these pre-orders. I have also asked her if the Voyager status can be transferred. If it can be then I will probably offer my Mercury along with my #005 Voyager status for sale to anyone who missed the opportunity to get it when it was available.

I have loved these puzzles (some more than others, well maybe not the Gold) and am still looking forward to receiving the Purple to complete my R1 collection. I had every intention to also completing the R2 collection, including the SEs and high priced LEs, but I know now that it is just not possible.

It is time for me to move on. Maybe now I will actually go back and solve the few R1s which I haven't done yet (Orange, Handmade, Lime, maybe I'll work on the Gold some day).
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
ReVoRabbit

Re: All good things...

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Noooooooooo.......

Will miss you stet.... we've lost too many of those like you already.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

A decision like this for your family is obviously for the best!

I wish you the best!
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

I would be curious if voyager can be transferred I am most likely putting mine up for sale.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

It sure can since it was stated in the email you received when purchasing it so.... Good luck with the sale !
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

Well I have come to the same decision, I will not be continuing with the R2 and like Stet I have been here from day one.

I don't like the pre-order system...if it's a interest free loan then call it a interest free loan.

So if anyone wants voyager status #10 please PM me, I have also asked Chris/Sophie for my money back from the pre-ordered puzzle I have ordered.

Sorry guys, I feel real bad. but enough is enough for me.......
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

I'm not getting out of the game quite yet, but I've requested a refund for my pre-ordered Venus. I'll make the decision to re-purchase it once I've received the Mercury assuming I like what I see.
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

Always a shame to see a member leaving. Still I think you made a very responsible choice and wish you all the best!!
Of-course you can always pop-by and say hello! :)

Take care and wish you a healthy second child!

Return to “General”