Mini Revomaze

For all general forum discussions.
pcad

Re: Mini Revomaze

Post by pcad »

I think we all agree that accepting payment and then waiting long periods of time to ship a product doesn't tend to make customers happy. I'm in the same position as stet, waiting for a gold plated CE set, a mini and a mercury. I've had satisfactory communication with Joe via email. Granted its in the form of replies to my emails rather than unsolicited updates. I have an estimated eta for the CE set which I take with a grain of salt. If that dates slips I ask them again what their best guess is. I think that some have received their sets is a hopeful sign for the rest of us.

I really doubt that having them share all their trials and tribulation of a small start up will do anyone any good. The delays may have been beyond their control or of a very private nature. They're in a bind where if they stay quiet it pisses someone off and if they tell us every delay it'll piss others off. Personally as long as I can get a reply to my questions via email in a reasonable way I'll wait. Again, far from ideal but at this point it'll have to do.

I've always thought Chris was the one with the confusing prose. Joe tends to have typos but is more understandable.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the mini whenever it gets here.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

^ what he said ^
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Lucie

Post by Lucie »

Sorry to be off topic, I ordered a Green V2 last week, they seem to be in stock, will it take vey long before I get it, I am looking forward to my puzzle. :?
http://1002-puzzles.blogspot.be/

BU02051 open
GreenV2 open
BronzeV2 arrived 18 september 2013
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Lucie wrote:Sorry to be off topic, I ordered a Green V2 last week, they seem to be in stock, will it take very long before I get it, I am looking forward to my puzzle. :?
I don't think you'll have to wait too long, cos I assume he's already got some made waiting to be bought and shipped.

-----

In response to the rest complaining. I'm sure Chris is doing his best to give people what they want, which is first and foremost puzzles. Therefore you can see why he wants to push more and more ideas and variants out there. Maybe he is getting a bit ahead of himself, but as I've said before (somewhere!) I doubt he's just sitting on CE sets/Minis that need to be shipped, while he's thinking about the Mercurys etc. The reason is obviously somewhat out of his control that he hasn't been able to ship them, which is why he probably has had time to continue with the Mercury etc.

I do agree that his communication should be a lot better/even exist, but I've got no doubt that he's a busy man, which is why he's employed Joseph. Though, instead of waiting for individual people to email Joseph to ask what's taking so long, I think one of them should make an announcement on here (or on the 'News' section on the website) stating the problems they've just run into and a reason, with a revised ETA. That way, everyone gets the same answer and also saves Joseph from writing out the same email to several unhappy Revo-addicts!! Obviously 'special' individuals with 'unique problems' ( :P ) will still have to contact Joseph directly, but there's no getting round that.

-----

Anywho, back on topic. After purchasing the Mercury (dammit!), I once again have no money!! So no Revo-Mini for me again :(
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Hi All

Just thought I would raise my head from Working on the CE, Mini's and the R2.

The mini had a 1mm pin (opposing magnetic instead of a spring) but I was not happy with the operation. I have now changed it to a new pin / spring that needed some changes, but the result it will work much better and closer to the original. I am going to send them once they are finished (probably by the weekend so people should have them next week).

They do look stunning and the wait is worthwhile ...

We have more CE sets going out - so I am working on the engraving at the moment. This is still my main priority and we are slowly getting these out as well.

Regarding the R2, we have an article coming out in Wired Magazine - so we have started the production process (hence why we needed people to order so we have the material and get underway). As we are making these, it takes a lot of time to machine each one. This is done by setting up the machine and then leaving it to run and then just monitoring it. We are therefore committing to a batch at a time and people who order will get them in the order as received. We have now ordered all Batch 1 Material.

Once we get under way, we will be able to supply as each one is made. We understand that some would like to pay once we are ready to ship - that is fine and of course we will supply the Voyager people first but for now - we have enough orders to start.

This work can be done in parallel to what we are also doing. So my day, Evening and weekends are full at the moment.

What I will say is to ask people to now get directly in touch with me chris.pitt@revomaze.co.uk so I can respond to direct enquiries regarding orders.

Joseph and I are also going to twitter / facebook progress so people can see what is happening.

All the best for now.

Chris
ReVoMaster
stet

Post by stet »

Thanks for the update!
ReVoMaster wrote:Regarding the R2, we have an article coming out in Wired Magazine
Which issue will this be? I will have to be sure to pick up a copy :)
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Good thinking forums are so 2008 ... (as the BEP's .. would say)
Hope to see some posts though ;)
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Ok, These were all meant to be ready at the end of last weekend. What's happened? I've seen no shipping notice, and there's been no communication. What's happening here. Initially we were promised end of April, now it's mid May, and if these aren't done, I'll be honest, I have no faith that the R2's will be ready in 2 weeks time.

Promises, promises.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
pcad

Post by pcad »

No shipment notice here either. In my case I'd expect the CE set and the mini to ship together. Who knows maybe the Mercury will be in the same order.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Ooooooo..... shiney :D