Mini Revomaze

For all general forum discussions.
CzMeteo

Re: Mini Revomaze

Post by CzMeteo »

I couldn't give the reason for listing the minis now, but I'm gonna state what I think.

Similar to the website kickstarter, you offer money upfront to shoe support even though there is only one if any working prototype. This allows the inventer know how popular this product seems to be ahead of time so they don't over produce and lose money or under produce and feel over whelemd. The online store gives them the ability to take orders to get a rough estimate, very similar to the R2 Voyager status. It gives the inventer a rough head count before production starts.

Also it is not like this is in the fine lines. The mini revo clearly says in bold that it will be made to order, and can take up to four weeks. First of all, made to order is so they don't over produce, and secondly the word "can" is a buffer. It can be less it can be more. Depends on the milling company. Do they get flooded with a huge request?

Same with the R2 Voyager status. It stated that this is not a puzzle but a status. It is for the future, and not giving a specific date can allow them to perfect other orders so they don't feel rushed and give us stuff faster, but with Lower quality

But this is just what I think. Who knows if I'm right.
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

So I'm going to comment on one small specific point here. As many of you know, I make puzzles. When I want to gauge interest, I send out an email, post, etc saying if you're interested, here's what I'm offering, the cost and whatever prototype shots I can send out. I ask for people to get in touch if they are interested, and add them to a list of orders.

When I have product ready, I get in touch and say, I have your product, if you still want it please pay me. I pay for the materials, time and anything else I need up front. I make items to order, or if I have a short run of items I'm making, I make them, then offer them either through some puzzle channels etc. If they don't all sell, then tough ... I can lose out but that's my risk for making X number without gathering input first.

I'm not the only small business who works this way. Kickstarter is a great way to get funds ... but remember if the project isn't funded, the creator gets nothing ... so although you put in money up front, you have a much smaller chance to lose out, and yes it's a risk ... isn't all online shopping?

That said, I'm out.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
maztec

Post by maztec »

I am trying to figure out why I would buy yet another version of the blue maze...
OOOOOOOoo
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

maztec wrote:I am trying to figure out why I would buy yet another version of the blue maze...
yes same here they only reason i see it's cause it's gona be harder to solve due to it size but i don't want an other blue !!!!!
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

maztec wrote:I am trying to figure out why I would buy yet another version of the blue maze...
I think in this case it's really more for the gimmick aspect of the size rather than the puzzling aspect that this will be bought.

I'm still not a fan of paying for things that haven't been made yet though.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

stet wrote:I ordered one. I assume that these won't be numbered. Also, the March discount coupon code didn't work for me :(
That was 40 days ago, how is this going Stet?
Does it look & feel as good as you hoped or or is it still on its way to you?
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC
stet

Post by stet »

Not a single word about it since I paid for it. I have not idea when it will ship. I assume that no one has had their ship yet.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
pcad

Post by pcad »

I haven't heard anything either, but I'm assuming the mini might ship with or after my CE set. That's not the most reassuring assumption ever made. :?
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
stet

Post by stet »

I really wish they would have completed the orders for these (and the CE sets) before pushing pre-sales of the R2 Mercury.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
kev1n

Post by kev1n »

stet wrote:I really wish they would have completed the orders for these (and the CE sets) before pushing pre-sales of the R2 Mercury.
stet wrote:Not a single word about it since I paid for it. I have not idea when it will ship. I assume that no one has had their ship yet.
pcad wrote:I haven't heard anything either, but I'm assuming the mini might ship with or after my CE set. That's not the most reassuring assumption ever made. :?
Aaargh! I am ashamed to have been a part of this!! There are quite a few members of the revomaze forum who have arrived because of my blog posts extolling the delights of these puzzles yet there are times like this when I wish I had not!

From everything that you have read on these forums, does this sound like a company you can trust? Like a company you should give a large sum of money too? Well frankly I would now have to say NO! The secret of a good and successful business is more than a good product it is about communication (so much for your communication officer with his very poor grammar!) and just as important it is about fulfilling of contracts before starting on something new!

The mini revo should be made in house and should not take long to produce. So taking people's money and then after 40 days still not providing the goods is unacceptable! It looks to me like you have fleeced these people!
Yet again there's no communication to explain the delay.

On top of that there are people who have paid you a fortune for the CE sets. Only a very few have been made and sent to those who made the most noise. Everyone else? Not a peep! Absolutely no communication!.

Finally you take money from people for the promise of a new series of puzzles - the stock level of a promise fluctuates wildly and is there any word of release dates or anything? No! In fact, there's actually no details even of the actual puzzles!
Whatismore, you then take orders from some of the Voyager status holders, separately from the website! Are you just fleecing them too?
For the rest of us! Absolutely no communication!

So Chris Pitt! What are you going to do about this? I apologise for my rant but I so want to buy a new series of puzzles from you and yes spend over £1000 in the process! But I don't want to see the people I have come to consider friends scammed like this! You must make good on your promises now - send out the CE sets and send out the mini revos and only then will I pay you for the new toys!

You cannot blame the engineers! You told us that you were using engineers of the highest quality and who were well used to servicing major industry! They could make your small batch very fast and you could then fulfil your promises! And then I could feel that I could trust you again. Do I expect you to do this? No not at all! I expect this farce to continue - who knows whether anyone will else will get a CE set!
Kev1n
Completely addicted to puzzles
Visit my blog it's at: www.puzzlemad.co.uk

Blue Ex BU01113 - open
Green Ex GR00494 - open
Bronze Ex BR00188 - open
Silver Ex AG00168 - open
Orange Ex OR00021 - open
Gold Ex AU00070 - open

Return to “General”