Mini Revomaze

For all general forum discussions.
halfbake69

Re: Mini Revomaze

Post by halfbake69 »

i will not buy this one as i'm saving for R2 and have no interest in owning a 4th blue
;P

already got blue obs blue pro and blue extreme v2 so dont want it

EDIT : i would have totaly bought it if it was a new desing even for a higher price
Last edited by halfbake69 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

I know that this is supposed to have a key ring loop. The stated weight is 300 grams. The V1 Revo is listed as 790 grams. This is slightly less than half of the original. To me this seems a bit unrealistic to put on a keychain.
matrixagent

Post by matrixagent »

allardwza wrote:Question for someone from RevoHQ:
Are they currently literally "in stock" or will they be made at some point in the future?

allard
[Still bearing the mental scars from the Handmade episode ...]
Aloha!

I had a chat With Joseph earlier. the impression I get is that these are not in stock. I guess the other indicator is that if they were ready to go(so to speak) then there would be no 4 week delay.

Cant say I blame ya for the scars!
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Unbelievable... they are selling stuff that does not exist yet... Again!
Handmade, CE sets, and now mini Revo's... Déjà vu, déjà attendu...
:-(
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

:(

...that is all.
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

If this really is true, then they should prioritize the collectors sets over the mini revos.
saber

Post by saber »

CzMeteo wrote:If this really is true, then they should prioritize the collectors sets over the mini revos.
They should prioritize building inventory before offering products for sale. It would appear that over-promise and under-deliver is still the prevailing operating mode. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Revomaze products I have seen, but there is something fundamentally wrong with their business model. After waiting several months to receive an "in stock" Obsession, I am unlikely to send any more money this way.
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Instead of speculating on the in stock out of stock question.

Which is dragging their reputation through the mud. And I understand that, with the CE's and the HM's it has taken a battering.

Why not contact Joe directly to find out ?? !!!

He is very responsive on answering emails. It's not hard ... type the email press send .. get a definitive answer !!
If your not happy with the answer THEN moan and whine in the forums.

I think Chris knows the damage it has caused to his business reputation.
But after all it's effectively a one man band with limited financial resources. Give the guy a break FFS.
(from Chris) I really appreciate your continued patience and can now see the finishing line. It is important that in future we do things completely different to not get into the position we have been in.
I think he has seen the light.
matrixagent wrote:
allardwza wrote:Question for someone from RevoHQ:
Are they currently literally "in stock" or will they be made at some point in the future?

allard
[Still bearing the mental scars from the Handmade episode ...]
Aloha!

I had a chat With Joseph earlier. the impression I get is that these are not in stock. I guess the other indicator is that if they were ready to go(so to speak) then there would be no 4 week delay.

Cant say I blame ya for the scars!
It's pretty clear on the site that it says.
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS PRODUCT IS MADE TO ORDER AND CAN TAKE UPTO 4 WEEKS TO BE PRODUCED AND SHIPPED.
They are human guys .... just like the rest of us .... doing the best they can with tools they have.

I know for instance that the shopping cart they have is not the best (I do web design for a hobby).
If they don't put a drop down list with a number on it you can't place an order.

What are they supposed to do with the limitations that imposes on them ?
Last edited by Paradox on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double posts merged.
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

ezamover wrote:
They are human guys .... just like the rest of us .... doing the best they can with tools they have.
We get that but with all the trouble with the pre-ordering of the Gold's, Handmades and CE sets they should have learned not to do that again because life is unpredictable and they cannot gaurantee that the keyring will be made and posted withing 4 weeks of ordering something could happen to prevent that so they should be making them and then selling them not the other way around
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

ezamover wrote:I think Chris knows the damage it has caused to his business reputation.
But after all it's effectively a one man band with limited financial resources. Give the guy a break FFS.
I think he has seen the light.
Couldn't have said it better. Business is hard enough beyond trying to be inventor, developer, customer service, liaison to an engineering firm, internet, forum, pick up, drop off, prep send, send/customs... Makes me wonder how many hats someone can wear before they get tired of it all! As i understand it there are about 3 people or so? Chris, Joseph and Chris (forum). (I could be wrong!) AND its run out of the Pitt household.

We're looking to support Inside3 and 'Sanity' and... we're taking risks with our money cuz we LIKE the idea? Dare i say we, the people that have been around for years and some since the beginning, love this product. Revomaze is a community at this point!

WE are whats helping them along.

I think there are 4 openers of the HM (one of them twice cuz i bought it from an opener)... and that was considered a crisis?! Doesn't seem like there was ever much interest judging by the HM forum sections.

The CE sets are a point MORE for the people who haven't gotten ANY puzzles yet vs those (like myself) who have a full set already. And those people have gotten puzzles free of charge? The Titaniums as a good faith gesture? The guy is building a collectable legacy.

They are doing the best they can with what they have. (ezamover)

My point is:

Our patience is more than they could ask for to support their business.

If you, the "bereaved", really aren't happy... please take a step back and let those who want to play... have their fun and keep the slander off the forums. This is supposed to be a fun! And i'll be sorry to see you go as some already have.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth

Return to “General”