Would you buy the Purple?

For all general forum discussions.

Would you buy the Purple?

Yes, I have the cash and intend to do so.
3%
Yes, if I had the cash.
39%
No, even though I have the cash.
6%
No, even if I had the cash.
36%
No, I would absolutely not buy the purple.
17%

Total votes: 36

Chyron

Re: Would you buy the Purple?

Post by Chyron »

How is it being validated that people do it in under a minute?

And does that mean a new Purple will be crafted/you have enough stock so that each time someone else gets a 60 second completion on the Blue Pro Obsession? or is it just the first person?

Confusions abound!
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
maztec

Post by maztec »

Single, seamless video with a timer in it has been the way that speed runs have been timed in the past.
OOOOOOOoo
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

I need to pass on a Blue Pro opening method (aka "the MacGyverism") that will require a clarification to the rules.

My pro (key feature) was grinding against the sleeve and would not hold its position. I found that one of the items allowed under competition regs, would allow me to move the key element to the desired position. In fixing my problem to get the puzzle open I found that I could open it in under a minute with 1 pass.

Clearly this not in the spirit of the challenge so I won't lay claim to the purple :cry:
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

I won't pay for a Purple, but I am trying the contest route and would be open to try the Blue Pro route if I were ever to get my hands on a Blue Pro.

Otherwise if ANYONE would be willing to pay for a Purple, I would be quite surprised.. that is a lot of money for a single puzzle!
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

bluesign2k wrote:
Chyron wrote:I hate super limited versions of puzzles. I'd buy it for what I paid for Lime, or maybe more, since that apparently left some profit in the matter after the cost of manufacturing.

I can understand the HM limits, but the others bug me since they're cnc'd.
I'm sure I recall speaking with Chris ages ago and him mentioning that the intention was to make the Purples by hand too. The photos so far certainly hint towards this too.

Other than the black which can't be made any longer, the red which shouldn't be made, and the handmade which isn't cnc'd, the others (orange, lime and titanium) are still available... so which bugs you?
If they're made by hand, and I win one, I'd like mine unplated please. ;)
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
QuantumCow

Post by QuantumCow »

That is simply wrong. Several have exchanged hands. Even I contemplate selling my HM#1 from time to time, but admit I have an interest in actually solving it first. As it is, I have picked it up maybe twice, spent about three minutes on it, and put it right back down because my daughter was clamoring for my attention. Maybe some day I'll get the time to solve it.
So if I offer you enough free babysitting services, I might be able to buy a handmade? :D

Hm.. Average Handmade Solve time * current hourly wage + average price of handmade revomaze = some N * average price of handmade revomaze.

for large values of N =]
Ymir

Post by Ymir »

Yes if I had the cash.

It all depends...

If I was pulling in an obscene amount of money? Why should i worry how much it costs me?

Right now, at my income level I would not buy it.

what was the question again ?
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Ymir wrote:Yes if I had the cash.

It all depends...

If I was pulling in an obscene amount of money? Why should i worry how much it costs me?

Right now, at my income level I would not buy it.

what was the question again ?
Precisely Watson.
It's all about perspective. For some it is a trifling amount of money.
Not a trifling amount for me I might add.

People spend more on shiny wheels for their car's etc.

I expect it to be sold in due course.

Return to “General”